Big Picture – A Deep Dive Examination of Concepta
- Continue the manufacture, marketing and R&D of MyLotus product, the proprietary fertility and pregnancy monitoring device
- Market and distribute into China in 2016 – market demand has been identified
- Roll product out through Europe – targeting UK and German markets first
- Increase market penetration in China and Europe and look to expand into new territories
- Utilise IP to develop other home-health monitoring products for wider family unit to improve individual health parameters incl. chronic stress, inflammation et al.
Our flagship product MyLotus has a unique offering, allowing women to see YES / NO results as well as their actual and personal level of factors that can have a direct influence on fertility – MyLotus is the only home-test on the market that currently offers this.
MyLotus has the ability to quantify personal hormone levels enabling the identification of the fertile period for a large number of women, especially for the significant amount of women whose hCG and LH levels vary from mean levels.
MyLotus addresses the issue of timing of intercourse in relation to your fertility hormones.
It can detect the actual concentration of the hormones in a woman’s urine sample allowing detailed analysis into issues with ovulation and fertility that aren’t available with other home tests on the market. This kind of data highlights the key dates in the cycle when the woman is the most fertile, improving chances of conception as well as potential areas where the woman can seek specialised medical advice.
Matthew was appointed Chairman of Concepta in July 2018 and brings extensive senior and board-level experience in public companies, particularly in pharmaceutical, diagnostics and biotech. Matthew was most recently Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the leading international patient behavioural change company, Atlantis Healthcare Group from 2015 until 2018.
Matthew has held Chairman and advisory roles since 2013 for The Fertility Partnership, which has grown to become the UK’s largest fertility group; Matthew was previously Non-Executive Director and Chairman of Artificial Intelligence start-up, BioBeats Group Limited from 2016 until 2018; and Chief Executive Officer of AIM-listed molecular diagnostics company Genedrive Plc between 2007 and 2015, where he led the admission of the Company to AIM with the Company attaining ‘Technology Company of the Year’ in 2009 and 2015.
Matthew has also held the role of Chief Executive Officer at Oxford Biosignals Limited, Internexus Group Limited and Supanet Limited, and Zylepsis Limited between the years of 2000 and 2006 and was previously Global Commercial Director at the biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca Plc where he was commercially and financially responsible for strategy and international business operations.
Chief Operating Officer
- Technical Executive with experience working within highly regulated industries, specializing in operations, continuous improvement and validation.
- A professional with wide-ranging expertise and a proven track record in developing and manufacturing medical devices, in the areas of pregnancy, fertility, infectious diseases, blood borne pathogens and drugs of abuse, for consumer and professional brands including Clearblue, Clearview, Persona, TestPack, Cozart DDS and T-SPOT.TB.
Chief Financial Officer
- Fully qualified certified accountant (FCCA) with over 35 years finance experience in numerous sectors
- Main board director on four AIM quoted Plc’s, heading the revenue recognition committee of the board for one of these companies
- COO and Head of Life Sciences at Mercia Technologies Plc and has particular expertise in commercialising and scaling medtech companies.
- Previously MD of obstetric and orthopaedic medical device company Surgicraft before founding and ultimately successfully exiting spinal and orthopaedic implant supplier Surgi C Group.
Non Executive Director
- Former stockbroker with over 35 years’ experience within the UK financial services sector
- Founded Hansard Group Plc which was admitted to trading on AIM in 2000
- Currently a director of several AIM traded companies - non-executive director of EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc, Optibiotix Plc and Premaitha Health Plc
- Director of a number of private companies
Neil has more than 25 years of global experience within the healthcare and consumer electronics industries. He is currently CEO of Philips for the UK and Ireland and is on the Board of the Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI), from which he led the industry’s response to the NHS’s “5 Year Forward View”, assessing opportunities for greater integration between industry and the healthcare system. Neil is also a member of the Governments Life Science Industrial Strategy Board, representing the interests of the medical technology sector with other senior leaders from across healthcare.
SPARK Advisory Partners Limited
5 St John’s Lane
London EC1M 4BH
Beaufort Securities Limited
Beaufort Securities Ltd
131 Finsbury Pavement
London EC2A 1NT
Solicitors to the Company
BPE Solicitors LLP
St James House
St James Square
Cheltenham GL50 3PR
Solicitors to the Nominated Adviser
Addleshaw Goddard LLP
London EC1Y 4AG
Reporting Accountant & Auditor
Jeffreys Henry LLP
5 – 7 Cranwood Street
London EC1V 9EE
Neville Registrars Limited
18 Laurel Lane
Halesowen B63 3DA