Global Atomic Corporation Snapshot
Global Atomic’s holds 6 uranium exploration permits in the Republic of Niger, Tin Negouran 1, 2, 3, 4 and Adrar Emoles 3 & 4. Total area covered by the permits is 728.8 km2.
Four deposits on the concessions are:
DASA Deposit, >100 Mlbs U3O8
Tin Negouran Deposit, 10 Mlbs U3O8
Dajy Deposit, 17 Mlbs U3O8
Isakanan Deposit, 34 Mlbs U3O8
The DASA Deposit (Dajy Area Surface Anomaly) was discovered by Global Atomic geologists. It is a Graben Hosted sandstone / roll front deposit of world class size and grade.
Global Atomic signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Orano Mines Ltd. (formerly known as AREVA Mines Ltd.) in 2017, to supply uranium ore from DASA to its milling facility 80 kilometers north, in the town of Arlit. It is expected that Global Atomic will begin shipping ore to Orano in 2021.
Base Metals Division - Befesa Silvermet
Global Atomic holds a 49%, non-operated interest in the Befesa Silvermet Joint Venture, at Iskenderun Turkey. BEFESA S.A (FRA.BFSA) is the operator and holds 51%.
Befesa Silvermet acquires electric arc furnace dust (“EAFD”) from steel mills and recycles the EAFD through its Waelz kiln to produce a high-grade zinc oxide concentrate which is sold to zinc smelters throughout the world.
Global Atomic receives cash flow from its Turkish zinc operations through its 49% share of the following:
- Annual dividend payment based on net free cash flow. The dividend is typically declared in March and paid in Q2;
- Quarterly management fees of 3% of net revenues; and
- Sales commissions of US$20 per tonne of zinc concentrate shipped.
Silvermet’s joint venture partner, Befesa Zinc S.A.U. (“Befesa”), is the operator of BST. Befesa has facilities throughout Europe and processes between 45% and 50% of European EAFD. It also has facilities in Korea as well as the Turkish operation.
Stephen G. Roman
Chairman, President & CEO – 35+ years
- Former senior officer and Director of Denison Mines Limited
- Discovered Gold Eagle, sold to Goldcorp ($1.5B)
- Verena Minerals / Belo Sun –Volta Grande, Black Fox, Gabriel Resources Limited
- PDAC “Bill Dennis Award” winner, Prospector of the Year, 2016
Rein A. Lehari, CPA
Chief Financial Officer – 30+ years
- Chartered Professional Accountant and former partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Primary focus over career on mining and real estate
Fergus P. Kerr, P.Eng.
Mining Consultant – 35+ years
- Mining engineer and uranium specialist, Royal School of Mines
- General Manager at Denison Elliot Lake uranium mine
- Subsequently, Mine Manager at Inco’s Sudbury operations
George A. Flach, P.Geo.
Vice President, Exploration, Director – 30+ years
- Discovered / developed gold projects in West Africa
- 20 Moz Gold Fields Tarkwa, 4 MozBogosu and 2 MozBenso mines in Ghana
- 2 Moz Goulagou mine in Burkina Faso
Peter Wollenberg, Ph.D., P.Geo.
Director, Exploration & Resource Development – 30+ years
- Former Director North American exploration, AREVA Resources Canada
- Previously worked on AREVA’s Niger projects
Vice President & Secretary – 20+ years
- Government relations, community consultation
- First Nations, permitting
- Corporate finance, go-public transactions
- Regulatory compliance
Merlin Marr-Johnson, MSc, DIC
Executive Vice President – 25 years
- Capital Markets (CEO, analyst and portfolio manager)
- Mineral exploration and development (discoveries in Africa, Central Asia and South America)
8 King St E, Suite 1700
Toronto, ON M5C 1B5
Tel: (416) 368-3949
Fax: (416) 368-5146