Big Picture – A Deep Dive Examination of Azarga Metals
Azarga Metals Snapshot
The Unkur Copper-Silver Project is a sediment-hosted stratiform copper-silver deposit. The copper-silver bearing horizon has been traced, from historic drill holes, trenches and outcrop, for a length of about 5 kilometers northwest-southeast in the southwest limb of the Unkur Syncline.
Unkur was initially explored during the 1960s through 1980s.Various non-NI 43-101 resource estimates were prepared during that time. A ‘prognostic’ resource estimate was 143 million tonnes at 0.77% copper and 68.3 g/t silver.Historic resource estimates were prepared before the Company acquired an interest in the project.They have not been reviewed by a Qualified Person in the context of NI 43-101 and so cannot be considered as a current Mineral Resource.
Azarga Metals Corp. acquired Unkur Copper-Silver Project in 2016 and commenced an exploration program shortly thereafter. To date, work has comprised surface geologic mapping and geochemical sampling, approximately 130 line-kilometers of ground magnetics geophysics, 4,580 meters of diamond drilling (16 drill-holes) and 186 meters of channel sampling from four trenches.
The Kuriskova uranium project is located in Slovakia and is owned by Ludovika Energy s.r.o. (“LE”). On October 19, 2015, the Company transferred its 100% interest in LE to an unrelated third party in exchange for the Company retaining a 25% share of any future compensation paid to LE by the Slovak Government pursuant to the Court proceedings in respect of the non-renewal of the Kuriskova license by the Slovak Government.
The Company is informed that the Court proceedings upheld the non-renewal of the Kuriskova licenses by the Slovak Government and this case is closed.
Dorian (“Dusty”) Nicol
Director, President and Chief Executive Officer
- 40-years international experience in exploration and mining
- Successful track record of managing exploration and development projects worldwide
- Member of the American Institute of Professional Geologists, a Fellow of the Society of Economic Geologists, a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) and Registered Member of the Society of Mining Engineers
- B.Sc. in geology from M.I.T. and a Master's Degree in geology from Indiana University and
- is fluent in five languages.
Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Financial Officer for a number of publicly listed exploration companies trading on the TSX and TSX Venture exchanges
- 13-years experience in financial reporting for publicly traded mineral exploration companies
- Previously a senior manager at a leading Canadian accounting firm where he specialized in the audit of public companies in the mining and resource sector
- CPA-CA since 2007
- 40-years experience in financial reporting and corporate compliance for publicly traded mineral exploration companies
- CPA-CGA since 1985
General Manager Russia
- 16 years of corporate finance, strategy & business development experience principally focused on Russia and larger FSU area
- Managed a public equity mining fund that invested into junior mining companies
- Worked as Director (Strategy and M&A) for Norilsk Nickel
- Was a Board member of Gold Fields Limited
- Served as a legal counsel for Sputnik private equity funds, AT&T & McKenna & Co.
- a lawyer by initial training and received an MBA from IMD (Institute for Management Development), Lausanne, Switzerland
- fluent in Russian and English
Chief Project Geologist
- 25 years of experience in mining and mineral exploration in Russia
- experience in exploration, resource evaluating and mining of hard rock and placer gold deposits
- Graduated in 1984 from Tomsk Polytechnic Institute as mining engineer – geologist
- Received a Master degree in Academy of national economy under the Government of the Russian Federation (Natural resources, ecology and economy) and PhD in Geology.
- Fluent in Russian
Director, Non-Executive Chair
- CEO Paladin Energy (ASX:PDN / TSX:PDN) (2015 – present)
- CEO SouthGobi Resources (TSX:SGQ) (Ivanhoe Mines Group) (2009 – 2012)
- Co-Founder of Azarga Resources Group (2012 – present), including Azarga Uranium (TSX:AZZ)
- Non-Executive Director or Goldrock Mines (TSXV:GRM) (2012 – present)
- President and CEO of Sunridge Gold (2003 – 2016)
- Over 40 years of experience as a geologist, exploration manager and senior management for resource companies in the precious metals and base metal sector with companies such as Gold Fields Mining, Bema Gold, Arizona Star and Tournigan Energy
- Many years of experience managing public companies
- Member of the American Institute of Professional Geologists
- Managing Partner of Olympia Capital, a Russia-focused investment firm (2011 – present)
- Investment Director with Onexim Group (2007 – 2010)
- Graduated Moscow Institute of International Relations and is CFA Charterholder
- Chair of the Audit Committee
- Graduated University of British Columbia and is a CPA,CA
- Experienced mineral industry executive
Corporate and Investor Relations Office
Unit 1 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC
Canada V4B 1E6
Registered and corporate office
Unit 1 - 15782 Marine Drive,
White Rock, B.C. V4B 1E6
TSX Venture Exchange
Computershare Trust Company of Canada
510 Burrard Street, Second Floor
Vancouver, BC V6C 3B9
Chartered Professional Accountants
PO Box 10426 - 777 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, B.C. V7Y 1K3