• Provides data management and analytics services
• Services delivered through RAPid platform
• Secured £500,000 worth of new contracts in February
What Rosslyn does
Rosslyn Data Technologies PLC (LON:RDT) provides data management and analytics services to businesses through RAPid, a platform that automatically extracts, aggregates, improves and organises data and documents for analysis.
The company also has a research arm, RAPid Labs, which works with both private sector organisations and universities to develop new technology projects covering a wide range of areas including machine learning, cognitive computing, and predictive analytics.
• In April, the company appointed finance veteran Ash Mehta as its chief financial officer. At the time Rosslyn said Mehta, who did a stint as finance director of Northbridge Industrial Services between 2007 and 2011, had substantial CFO experience in growth companies, both public and private
• Earlier in the month the firm said it had inked a refinancing deal that included a new three-year £1.5mln secured debt facility is with Clydesdale Bank with an interest rate of 7.75% plus 3 month LIBOR. The fund would be used to cover the debt assumed as part of its acquisition of Integritie (UK) Limited in April 2017 and provide some working capital
• In February the company won three contracts for its supply chain analytics solutions carrying a combined value of over £500,000 as well as options to extend beyond the initial terms and add additional service capabilities
• In its half-year results in November, Rosslyn reported an underlying (EBTIDA) operating loss of £213,477, smaller than the £1.1mln loss a year ago, while revenues climbed to £3.5mln from £3.2mln previously. The group’s gross profit margin was also up 3.5% on the year-ago period at 78.4%, while annual recurring revenue carried forward rose 12% to £5mln
Roger Bullen, Rosslyn’s chief executive, said that the contract wins secure in February demonstrated “continued demand” for the group’s data services in the supply chain and procurement data analytics market, adding that the wins “underpin the progress we are making in increasing our average annual contract value, which continues to grow, and lifts our [annual recurring revenue] to over £6mln”.
With shares trading at around 7.1p as of 20 May, Rosslyn carries a market cap of £13.7mln.