leadf
logo-loader
viewSupermarket Income REIT PLC
(
LSE:SUPR
)

Supermarket Income REIT to sell 13 stores back to Sainsbury's

They are part of a joint venture portfolio that the group holds with British Airways Pension Trustees Limited

Capital Limited - Supermarket Income REIT to sell 13 stores back to Sainsbury's

Supermarket Income REIT PLC (LSE:SUPR) announced J Sainsbury PLC (LSE:SBRY) exercised a purchase option to buy back 13 stores.

They are part of a joint venture portfolio the real investment trust holds with British Airways Pension Trustees Limited.

WATCH: Supermarket Income REIT say 'grocery sales remain elevated compared to 2019'

The joint venture has a 51% interest in the assets, which are the freeholds to 26 Sainsbury's supermarkets, while the grocer owns the remaining 49%.

The acquisition will be completed in March 2023 when the current leases expire.

The purchase price will be based on the assumption of a new 20-year lease to Sainsbury's with the initial rent set at the higher of passing or open market, subject to upward-only, five-yearly market rent reviews.

The supermarket chain can still buy another 10 stores in the portfolio. The option can be exercised between December 2021 and January 2022.

"Sainsbury's decision to buy back these stores is further evidence of the strength of demand for grocery property in the UK and also demonstrates the balance sheet strength of the supermarket operators,” said Ben Green, director of Atrato Capital Limited (LSE:CAPD, FRA:C8D) which is the investment adviser to Supermarket Income REIT.

“The exercise of this first tranche of options is expected to generate a positive net asset value impact for Supermarket Income REIT."

Quick facts: Supermarket Income REIT PLC

Follow
LSE:SUPR

Price: 121 GBX

Market Cap: £981.33 m

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of named herein, including the promotion by the Company of in any Content on the Site, the Company receives from said issuer annual cash...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

FTSE 100 rises in early trading despite disappointing GDP read

FTSE 100 opened in the green even though the UK economy rose only 0.1% in July after a 1% jump the previous month. London’s main index added 20 points to 7,044 in early trading. Sarah Gilbert, the scientist behind the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine, said giving boosters to everyone won’t be...

1 week, 2 days ago

2 min read