All trips on the AIDAperla and AIDAmar with departure dates between August 5 and 12, 2020 have been halted.
The FTSE 250-listed cruises operator said final formal approval for these trips by its flag state Italy is still pending, though it had assumed they would have been received “in a timely manner”.
Guests were given the opportunity to rebook to a different cruise with an on-board credit of 50% of the actual travel price.
The travel giant implemented increased hygiene standards and measures to protect against the coronavirus on its ships but trips across its brands have still been cancelled throughout the year.
Last week, two separate cruise ships found COVID-19 cases on board just weeks after the industry has restarted.
In Norway, 40 passengers and crew from the MS Roald Amundsen tested positive but 178 passengers were allowed to leave the ship, operated by Norwegian firm Hurtigruten, with Norwegian authorities rushing to detect them to prevent further spreading.
In Tahiti, a ship operated by Paul Gauguin Cruises told passengers to stay in their cabins as they await to be tested after the crew doctor identified a coronavirus case.
Shares shed 4% to 792p early on Monday.