viewArkle Resources PLC

Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland

  • Arkle owns stakes in numerous zinc and gold projects in Ireland
  • Stonepark is the largest undeveloped zinc deposit in Ireland
  • Inishowen geology similar to the gold mine at Curraghinalt
Dalradian Resources - Arkle Resources focused on two fronts in Ireland


What it owns


Stonepark  - Arkle Resources owns 23.44% of the Stonepark Zinc Project.

Partner Group Eleven has defined a maiden Independent NI43-101 Inferred Resource of 5.1 Mt grading 11.3% combined zinc and lead, making it the second largest undeveloped zinc and lead Resource in Ireland after Glencore’s Pallas Green.

Stonepark lies to the west adjacent to Pallas Green, but at shallower depths.


Arkle Resources has a joint venture with Teck Ireland at Oldcastle in counties Cavan and Meath. Teck has earned in 75%, Arkle Resources owns the remaining 25%.


The Derrykearn Project consists of five licences in total, five contiguous licences in County Laois.


Two contiguous licences, PL4504 and PL4505, in West Cork, south of Clonakilty.


Mine River

Arkle Resources holds a block of eight licences (340 sq km) that cover an area of known gold mineralisation which extends along a trend of some 15 kilometres.

Further work to develop the existing gold targets is ongoing and fieldwork re-commenced in 2019.


The Inishowen Gold Project is located in County Donegal, Ireland.

These licences are considered by Arkle Resources to be highly prospective for mesothermal gold mineralisation similar to that found at the Curraghinalt Project developed by Dalradian Resources.

Arkle Resources is the first company to drill for gold in the area.

In September, Arkle announced a new gold target at Inishowen between the Meeneragh gold discovery drill site and the historic Glentogher lead-silver mine.



What the boss says:John Teeling, chairman

“The zinc price, in excess of US$2,000 is very profitable for Irish zinc miners.

 "This makes the Stonepark discovery an attractive asset and some external interest has been shown,”

“We do not believe that the value of Stonepark is reflected in the Arkle price.” 

At 0.93p, Arkle is valued at £1.22mln.

Quick facts: Arkle Resources PLC

Price: 1.35 GBX

Market: AIM
Market Cap: £1.79 m

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events


The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Arkle Resources PLC named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Arkle Resources PLC in any Content on the Site, the Company...



Glencore's investment into Group Eleven 'a mark of confidence in the future...

Mining Capital's Alastair Ford discusses the recent investment by global miner Glencore (LON:GLEN) into Group Eleven Resources Corp (CVE:ZNG) (OTCMKTS:GRLVF). They're backing the exploration company to the tune of C$1 million. Vancouver-based Group Eleven is advancing the Stonepark zinc...

1 week ago

2 min read