Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Genus acquires Brazilian bovine IVF firm

Genus acquires Brazilian bovine IVF firm

Cow breeder Genus (LON:GNS) unveiled a deal to acquire a controlling stake in a Brazilian business focused on bovine in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).

Genus is paying £4.3mln in cash to acquire a 51% stake in Vitro Brasil, and it has the option to acquire the other 49% in the first half of 2018.

The company says Brazil is the world’s largest bovine IVF market, and Vitro Brasil has a leading position in the country.

It adds that the acquisition will help Genus accelerate ‘genetic improvement’ for its customers.

"The acquisition of IVB provides Genus with a significant opportunity to accelerate the rate of genetic improvement we are able to offer our customers,” said chief executive Karim Bitar.

“IVB's proven success in delivering IVF solutions to commercial dairy and beef producers will enable us to offer our extensive customer base the ability to leverage genetic improvement on both the male and female side of their herds through superior in-house technology."

View full GNS profile View Profile

Genus Timeline

Newswire
February 16 2015

Related Articles

consumer health segment overview
January 11 2019
The company sells clinically validated anti-ageing products for hair, skin and body.
picture of a knee
May 20 2019
We take a closer look at Collagen Solutions, which received third-party validation of its business model in the form of outside investment from a blue-chip US agriculture company
cancerous cells
April 15 2019
The company’s cancer treatment is based on work undertaken by John Beard, a professor of embryology at Edinburgh University nearly 100 years ago

© Proactive Investors 2019

Proactive Investors Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use