• Provides trading and risk management software
• Focuses on Commodity and Energy markets
• 200 customers worldwide
What Brady does
Brady PLC (LON:BRY) provides trading and risk management software for the Commodity and Energy markets covering the entire trading operation from capture of financial and physical trading, through risk management, handling of physical operations, back office financials and treasury settlement, for energy, refined and unrefined metals, soft commodities and agriculturals.
The company says it has 200 customers worldwide, including some of the largest global financial institutions and corporations.
• In its full year results for 2018, Brady posted adjusted underlying earnings (EBITDA) of £2.6mln, compared to a loss in 2017 of £307,000. Revenues rose 4% to £23.2mln from £22.2mln the year before. Recurring revenues increased by 2% to £16mln. Committed revenues for the current year are already up to around £18mln
• In February, Carmen Carey became the company’s new chief executive while its executive chairman Ian Jenks switched into a non-executive role
• Carey previously served as chief operating officer (COO) of artificial intelligence company Unbabel and a former winner of the Bronze Stevie Award for Most Innovative Woman of the Year in Technology, one of the world's top honours for female executives
In its 2018 results, the company said a plan set out in its last two annual reports remained on track as the company leveraged its foundations to “deliver high-quality customer relationships and growth in line with commitments made to our employees, customers and shareholders”.
“Going into 2019, we look to the future with confidence,” the company said.
With shares trading at around 57.8p as of 16 May 2019, Brady carries a market cap of £48.1mln.
CEO Interview - Carmen Carey