- Creator of breakthrough fertility test
- Product is CE-marked for sale in the EU
- Potential other applications for the technology
Fertility test launched
Concepta is the healthcare group behind myLotus – an easy-to-use home test that has been developed for women who have been trying to conceive without any luck for at least six months.
It measures hormone levels in urine to identify the woman’s most fertile days and can also help to explain the apparent lack of fertility.
A smartphone app helps user keep track of their results, which can then be shared with doctors to help improve the chances of conception.
How it’s doing
Last October, myLotus received CE Mark certification, meaning it can be sold in the UK and Europe, as well as ISO manufacturing approval.
Towards the end of 2018, the test kit was launched in the UK, where it can now be found in Boots’ chemists after the two companies struck a deal in March.
With the UK launch now complete, the plan is to roll out myLotus across Europe, and Concepta recently raised £2.2mln to help it do just that.
“The market opportunity for myLotus in fertility, pregnancy and women's health is substantial and with limited direct competition, the board believes Concepta has strong prospects for growth,” said chairman Matthew Walls.
“We are at the early stages of our product launch and program build and we will continue to educate users on the value of myLotus, raise brand awareness and bolster our sales and marketing expertise over the coming year.”
The testimonials from early adopters have also been glowing (click here).
The priorities this year are to progress the UK consumer and business-to-business channels and focus on potential partnerships with diagnostics groups, while creating additional tests.
In a recent update it set out its goals as follows:
- Development of a sustainable revenue growth model
- EU roll-out to take advantage of our CE Mark approval and eCommerce platform capability
- Expand the collaboration with Boots UK and the Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Piloting of myLotus for use in IVF
- Piloting of myLotus fertility and pregnancy support journey
- Bluetooth capability and improved display
- Development of new hormone tests
What the chairman says…
“Based on our increasing pregnancies and user testimonials, we expect to raise the profile of myLotus over the coming year and take advantage of our new technology innovation and industry know-how to drive our growth strategy,” said Matthew Walls.