leadf
logo-loader

Aurelian Oil & Gas: Successful Trzek-2 well shows significant uplift in initial production from Siekierki

gas350_4d675bf857972.jpg

Aurelian Oil & Gas (LON:AUL) has completed fracture stimulation of Trzek-2 and it has subsequently achieved an initial production rate of 17 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscf/d). 

This is the first multi-fracced horizontal well (MFHW) on the Siekierki tight gas project in Poland.

In Trzek-2, ten separate zones were successfully fracture stimulated along the 1,350m of horizontal wellbore.

Initial production was recorded at 17mmscf/d during a short term test, this compares very favourably to the 7.5mmscf/d production rate recorded in the standard vertical Trzek-1 well in 2007.

"Aurelian is the first company to successfully use Multi Frac Horizontal Wells in Tight Gas reservoirs in Poland and to produce a very good initial flow rate is a great result,” chief executive Rowan Bainbridge said.

“This represents an important step forward in the delivery of Aurelian's plan to develop our 346 billion cubic feet project at Siekierki.”

Aurelian will now carry out clean-up operations and shut-in the well for two days, after that Trzek-2 will be flowed for 30 days. It will establish the well’s stabilised flow rate and its ultimate recovery levels, based on the test.

Meanwhile the second Siekierki MFHW, Trzek-3, is currently being drilled at around 2,500 metres in the vertical pilot section.

The horizontal section of Trzek-3 is scheduled to be completed by May or early June 2011. It will then undergo hydraulic fracturing and it will be flow-tested by late June or early July.

Trzek-3 is targeting a separate part of the Siekierki structure, which has an estimated recoverable resource estimated of 16 to 28 billion cubic feet.

The Siekierki tight gas project is hosted on the Poznan licences which is held by Aurelian’s 90 percent owned subsidiary Energia Zachόd. Avobone NV own the other 10 percent of the subsidiary.

 

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Red Rock Resources' reveal Kenya Exploration Update

Red Rock Resources' (LON:RRR) Andrew Bell joins Proactive London after the completion of the 115 line KM of IP survey in the Masurura area at the Eastern Licence of the Mikei Gold Project in Kenya.  The IP survey has identified four anomalous areas at the Mikei gold project.  The programme...

18 hours, 53 minutes ago

2 min read