Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Argonaut Resources and partner drill first hole at Lake Torrens; encouraging geology intersected

The unique drill set-up and infrastructure on the lake surface have performed exceptionally well.
drilling
Final assays are pending

Argonaut Resources NL (ASX:ARE) and joint venture partner Aeris Resources Ltd (ASX:AIS) have completed the first drill hole in their phase I drilling program at Lake Torrens within the Torrens Exploration Project in South Australia.

Argonaut owns 30% of the Torrens project through its subsidiary Kelaray Pty Ltd with Aeris owning the other 70%.

Preliminary geology observations from the first drill hole include a 60-metre wide intersection with hematite, potassium feldspar, and sericite altered non-magnetic interval.

Core photo showing dark grey hematite bands within a potassium feldspar and sericite dominant alteration assemblage

Notably, hematite is recognised as an accessory mineral associated with iron oxide copper gold mineralisation within the Gawler Craton.

Aeris executive chairman Andre Labuschagne said: “Whilst it is early days and logging and assays are still pending, we are very encouraged with what we have seen from this first hole.

“It is also pleasing that we have safely completed this first hole using the unique drill rig configuration.”

View full ARE profile View Profile

Argonaut Resources NL Timeline

Related Articles

1549467382_NQ---Hellyer-mill.jpg
June 05 2019
Chairman Brian Stockbridge said 2018 was a "transformational year" for the company
1547726049_zinc-periodic-3.jpg
January 17 2019
Constantine Metals has a broad portfolio of assets in Alaska and Ontario
A flow sheet aims to recover more than 90% of battery materials at a pilot plant
February 20 2019
A battery-recycling pilot plant at Lakefield in Canada advances its lithium efforts.

© Proactive Investors 2019

Proactive Investors Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use