logo-loader
viewSolGold plc

SolGold peeved as partner rejects bid in super-quick time

The Canadian group turned down the approach less than three hours after SolGold announced its intention to bid

copper wire
Cascabel's value has soared over the past three years

Solgold PLC (LON:SOLG) has reacted angrily to the almost instant rejection of its takeover approach to Cornerstone, its partner on the Cascabel copper project in Ecuador.

The Canadian group turned down the approach less than three hours after SolGold announced its intention to bid.

SolGold said it was "surprised and disappointed" that Cornerstone has dismissed the offer so quickly and questioned whether Cornerstone had time either to hold a board meeting or contact shareholders before issuing its rejection.

The offer of 0.55 of a SolGold share for each one in Cornerstone, was a 20% premium to the Canadian group’s share price when it was made.

London-listed Solgold wants to consolidate ownership of Cascabel.

It currently owns 85% of ENSA, the venture that owns the licence, with Cornerstone holding the remaining 15%.

Quick facts: SolGold plc

Price: 19.88 GBX

AIM:SOLG
Market: AIM
Market Cap: £367.05 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Full interview: Impax Asset Management reveals key themes investors should...

Impax Asset Management Group PLC (LON:IPX) Head of Client Services and Business Development David Richardson tells Proactive key themes investors should look out for in 2020.  Richardson says he's seeing expansion in developing renewable energy projects in Europe, increased interested in...

2 days, 2 hours ago

RNS

Holding(s) in Company - Amendment

3 days, 7 hours ago

Holding(s) in Company

3 days, 8 hours ago

Holding(s) in Company

5 days, 9 hours ago

Issue of Equity

6 days, 9 hours ago

Regional Exploration Update

3 weeks, 2 days ago

Quarterly MD&A Filed in Canada

3 weeks, 2 days ago

2 min read