logo-loader
viewProactive Group

Kazatomprom, the world’s largest uranium miner, plans listing in London

The arrival of Kazatomprom in London will mark the second significant uranium-related listing within a year

1540299867_uranium.jpg
The uranium price is on the move

Kazatomprom, the world’s largest producer of uranium, is planning a listing in London later this year or early next year.

The company’s chief executive Galymzhan Pirmatov cited a recent rise in uranium prices coupled with a bullish outlook for the long-term price as reasons underlying the decision.

Pirmatov argued that supply and demand fundamentals are “strong” and said that the industry is now at an inflection point.

At this stage, the plan is for a 25% stake in Kazatomprom to be floated on London, with the remaining 75% stake to be retained by the Kazakh sovereign wealth fund Samruk-Kazyna.

London listing likely to find support

The company currently accounts for around 20% of world production and its influence has grown in recent years since the announcement of production curbs at its Kazakh projects often corresponds with an uptick in the spot price.

The success of another recent listing, Yellow Cake PLC (YCA), which debuted earlier this year suggests that a London listing will find support.

Yellow Cake is a straightforward uranium investment vehicle rather than a miner, and derives its value simply from an investment in physical product, the supply of which is guaranteed in a lock-in deal with Kazatomprom.

 

 

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Filta Group Holdings CEO reveals recent trading update highlights

Filta Group Holdings PLC (LON:FLTA) CEO James Sayers tells Proactive the commercial kitchens service provider has seen a gradual improvement in activity recently as coronavirus lockdown restrictions ease. Sayers says turnover in May was 14% higher than in April while June’s topped May’s by...

10 hours, 31 minutes ago

2 min read