logo-loader
viewQinetiQ

QinetiQ buys military training group Inzpire for £23.5m

The FTSE 250 defence technology firm said the investment would enhance its overall offer in defence operational training and mission systems, both in the UK and internationally

1540191243_1-alphajets.jpg
QinetiQ sees defence operational training as an area of significant growth potential over the coming years

QinetiQ Group PLC (LON: QQ) has agreed to buy military training systems provider Inzpire Group for £23.5mln.

The deal will see defence technology firm QinetiQ buy 85% of Inzpire immediately, with the remaining 15% to be bought in two years, the defence technology provider said on Monday.

READ: QinetiQ maintains expectations in trading update

QinetiQ said Inzpire, which provides training and mission systems for military customers internationally, expects to deliver annual profit (EBITDA) of £2.0mln in the year on revenues of £13.3mln. Some three-quarters of its revenue comes from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for Britain’s Royal Air Force. Inzpire also sells aviation mission system products, including full mission support systems integrated with aircraft avionics.

Inzpire is expected to deliver £13.3m revenue and £2.0m of adjusted Ebita in the financial year to 31 August.

"Our investment enhances our overall offer in defence operational training and mission systems, both in the UK and internationally,” QinetiQ CEO Steve Wadey said in a statement.

“Defence operational training represents an area of significant growth as customers around the world increasingly recognise the need to enhance their training capabilities cost-effectively. The combination of Inzpire and QinetiQ's capabilities, complemented by our previous acquisitions, creates a leading provider of critical defence training."

Quick facts: QinetiQ

Price: 339.2 GBX

LSE:QQ.
Market: LSE
Market Cap: £1.93 billion
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Kromek Group 'well-positioned to report its highest ever full year revenues'

Kromek Group PLC's (LON:KMK) Dr Arnab Basu caught up with Proactive London's Andrew Scott to discuss their interims to October 2019. Revenues reached a record £5.3mln in the period - the rapid growth of the top line came as the County Durham-based firm got moving on the £100mln of...

5 hours, 20 minutes ago

RNS

Director/PDMR Shareholding

1 day, 10 hours ago

Holding(s) in Company

2 days, 11 hours ago

Holding(s) in Company

1 week, 6 days ago

Interim Results

3 weeks, 6 days ago

Director/PDMR Shareholding

4 weeks, 1 day ago

2 min read