In an update for the project, the AIM-listed mining firm said during August commissioning had commenced for the turnkey crush and screen plant, with the first trial of waste rock through the primary crusher having been carried out successfully.
Ormonde added that the rest of the crush and screen circuit was complete and the installation of associated electric circuits was due to be completed by the second half of September.
Initial commissioning of the water treatment plant at the site had also been carried out, the company said, with major equipment and structure installations at the process plant also “well-advanced”.
The company’s chairman, Michael Donoghue, said process plant commissioning was now expected to commence in “early December”, later than originally expected, and to run through into January 2019 with the production of tungsten concentrates to begin in February.
Ormonde added that the project’s construction costs remained within the budget of €53.6mln.
The firm holds a 30% stake in the Barruecopardo project and has been pushing ahead with construction following a strengthening in tungsten prices last year in partnership with Oaktree Capital, who owns the remaining 70% stake.