logo-loader
viewBarsele Minerals Corp.

Barsele Minerals says metal endowment at Barsele could be significantly larger

The exploration programme is operated by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle Mines Limited which owns 55% while Barsele holds the remaining stake

1511291691_Sweden-sunset-1807724_1920.jpg
The exploration programme is operated by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle Mines Limited which owns 55% and Barsele has the remaining 45% stake

Barsele Minerals Corp (CVE:BME) said that its Barsele project exploration continues with positive results from both the gold and massive sulphide drill testing and regional till sampling.

In an operational update for the Barsele gold-VMS (volcanogenic massive suphide) project area in Vasterbottens Lan in northern Sweden, the company said the update involved nine holes, of which six were expansion, two were infill and one was a regional test.

READ: Barsele Minerals shares up on latest positive findings at Swedish project

One hole was abandoned due to bad ground conditions. It said 86,310 meters of core has been collected from a total of 191 drill holes and the base of till sampling is still ongoing.

The recent surface extension trenching programme by Agnico Eagle has been completed. It said structural mapping along the 90.0 meter by 15.0 meter corridor validates the existing gold distribution model and provides detailed information on quartz veining and reactivation of the various shearing and mineralization orientations.

Barsele's President, Gary Cope said in the statement: "Agnico Eagle has made significant progress along the Avan-Central-Skirasen gold trend, as well as the Risberget zone, and most recently the Norra VMS zone.

“Base of till and surface till sampling are yielding positive results and this work suggests that the metal endowment within the project claims could be significantly larger.”

READ: Barsele Minerals Corp bringing it on in Sweden

The exploration programme is operated by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle Mines Limited  (TSX:AEM; NYSE:AEM), which owns 55% and Barsele has the remaining 45% stake.

Agnico Eagle can earn an additional 15% in the project through the completion of a pre-feasibility study. There is no cash outlay by Barsele until the pre-feasibility is completed.

Quick facts: Barsele Minerals Corp.

Price: 0.53 CAD

TSX-V:BME
Market: TSX-V
Market Cap: $64.94 m
Follow

Add related topics to MyProactive

Create your account: sign up and get ahead on news and events

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Things coming together nicely in Greenland, says Bluejay Mining's CEO

Rod McIllree, Bluejay Mining PLC’s (LON:JAY) chief executive, tells Proactive that all three of its projects in Greenland are shaping up nicely with plenty of interest from mining giants. Dundas is the flagship and here a bulk sample of mineral sands has been shipped to a Rio Tinto facility...

1 day, 7 hours ago

2 min read