W Resources PLC - Ongoing Operations and Covid-19 Response
("W" or the "Company")
Ongoing Operations and Covid-19 Response
Update on Spanish State of Emergency and Extremadura
On 14 March Spain's Prime Minister declared a national State of Emergency. The key measures imposed by the Spanish Government are:
- Circulation of persons and vehicles is restricted only to certain uses linked to health, food, banking, refuelling, work, or any force majeure.
- The Spanish Government can direct companies to produce goods and require employees to attend work, if justified to protect the health of the public.
- All recreational and sport centres are closed (including bars, restaurants, cinemas, theatres and museums).
- Public transport services will be reduced by 50%.
- The availability of transport for goods will be guaranteed.
- Import of goods will continue.
- Energy and gas supplies will be guaranteed.
These measures are being put in place for a period of 15 days; however this period can be extended with the approval of the Spanish Parliament.
The confinement measures implemented in
The Company does not expect any direct impact from these measures on its Spanish operations. Transport to work is allowed, and supply of goods and energy is guaranteed. The main resources required to continue operations are energy (explosives, fuel, gas) and personnel. W should not expect disruption to energy supplies and the Company is taking decisive steps to protect personnel.
1. Ensure that all personnel who can work from home do so, minimising visits to La Parrilla site. Any person with a cold or any symptoms is required under Spanish law and Company procedure to self-isolate.
2. To the greatest extent possible, ensure shift separation (usually 15-17 people per 7 day, 12 hour shift) to allow a degree of isolation in the event that an employee on any given shift contracts the virus.
3. Restrict any travel from outside Extremadura into La Parrilla, unless strictly necessary.
4. Restrict commercial or professional visits to La Parrilla to those strictly required for the continuity of business.
5. Put in place all the measures needed to minimise or eliminate contact between personnel or contractors that may lead to a potential transmission of the virus.
The Portuguese government has also declared a State of Emergency and the specific provisions are expected to be outlined this week. To date
Mining operations at Régua in
1. Ensure working at home for all personnel who can do so.
2. Limit travel from outside the area.
3. Continue modular plant engineering and procurement remotely and suspend any plant construction activities until the situation is resolved.
4. Evaluate suspension of adit mining operations in a safe and orderly way.
5. Request (in light of the extraordinary circumstances) an extension of the trial mine license period for a further 12-18 months. The Company expects this to be approved.
W's main priorities are its personnel and contractors. While mining operations continue, we will continue to review the situation throughout the week and follow advice from the Portuguese Government, amending measures where necessary. Engineering and procurement is continuing remotely.
A full update on quarterly production for the March quarter will be provided in
T: +44 (0) 20 7193 7463
T: +44 (0) 20 7383 5100
T: +44 (0) 203 657 0050
Alternative Resource Capital /
T:+44 (0) 207 186 9004
T:+44 (0) 207 186 9952
M: +44 (0) 7525 324431
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: W Resources PLC
Market Cap: £10.39 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE