Thor Mining PLC - Field Pump Test Commencement - Kapunda Copper
FIELD PUMP TEST COMMENCEMENT - KAPUNDA COPPER PROJECT
The directors of
The testwork program is funded under the
· A series of holes to be drilled into the southern portion of the Kapunda resource;
· Test program to assess the hydraulic properties of the host rock, including flow rates, effective porosity & permeability, hydraulic connectivity, and also the storage coefficient;
· Drill samples to be assayed for copper, gold along with other elements;
· Mineralised samples to be subsequently used in further column leach test work.
"This program is a key milestone in further demonstrating the technical viability of the Insitu Recovery (ISR) process at Kapunda."
"We look forward to both the technical component of testing the hydraulic properties of the host rock, and also the drill sample assays, particularly for copper and gold."
"The Thor investment in
Hydrogeologic Testing Drill Program
The aim of the program is to test the hydraulic properties of the fractured rock aquifer, this will be achieved by drilling a series of wells, which are to be geophysically logged, pump tested and tracer tested. It is expected that a number of properties will be assessed including:
· Aquifer properties of the host rock
· Baseline properties including water level, pH and EC
· Groundwater geochemistry profile with depth including salinity and metal concentration
· Flow rates measured by depth and achievable production well yields
· Storage coefficient
· Effective Porosity (pores that allow the transfer of water) as % by volume
· Hydraulic connectivity between wells located ~15m apart
· Permeability (also described as hydraulic conductivity)
§ In line with structures
§ Perpendicular to structures
Downhole geophysical logging will include:
· Natural gamma, formation density and neutron porosity.
· Focussed resistivity, induction-conductivity, induced polarisation.
· Optical and acoustic imaging
· Fluid temperature and conductivity, flowmeters
While portion of the Kapunda deposit has been subject to historical mining this program is focussing on areas that are unaffected by previous mining activities to establish baseline properties of the aquifer and to determine if there is any anisotropy (directional bias) of flow rates due to geologic structures.
Mineralised intercepts will be used in further lixiviant trials via large scale column leach test work.
Thor holds a 25% equity interest in private Australian company,
The Kapunda deposits hosts an Inferred Resource estimate of 47.4 million tonnes (MT) grading 0.25% copper (Cu), containing 119,000 tonnes of contained copper (Table A)
Table A: Kapunda copper Resource estimate (JORC 2012) - Announced
| || |
Contained Cu (t)
Secondary copper sulphide
| || |
· Figures are rounded to reflect appropriate levels of confidence. Apparent differences may occur due to rounding.
· Cut off grade used of 0.05% Cu
· The Company is not aware of any information or data which would materially affect this previously announced resource estimate, and all assumptions and technical parameters remain unchanged.
The full details of the Kapunda resource announcement may be accessed via the following link:
In addition to the copper resource a total of 14 historical drillholes into the Kapunda deposit were also assayed, successfully, for gold. While there is not sufficient assay data for a gold mineral resource estimate to be complied, the presence of gold within the Kapunda deposit is well established, and EnviroCopper previously announced successful recovery of gold from Kapunda drill samples.
Details of the announcement of gold assays and successful gold recovery may be accessed from the Thor website via the following link:
The information contained within this announcement is deemed to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.
Updates on the Company's activities are regularly posted on Thor's website www.thormining.com, which includes a facility to register to receive these updates by email, and on the Company's twitter page @ThorMining.
Competent Persons Report
The information in this report that relates to exploration results is based on information compiled by
About Thor Mining PLC
Thor Mining PLC (AIM, ASX: THR) is a resources company quoted on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange and on ASX in Australia.
Thor holds 100% of the advanced Molyhil tungsten project in the Northern Territory of Australia, for which an updated feasibility study in
Adjacent Molyhil, at Bonya, Thor holds a 40% interest in deposits of tungsten, copper, and vanadium, including an Inferred resource for the Bonya copper deposit².
Thor also holds 100% of the Pilot Mountain tungsten project in Nevada USA which has a JORC 2012 Indicated and Inferred Resources Estimate³ on 2 of the 4 known deposits.
Thor holds a 25% interest Australian copper development company
· rights to earn up to a 75% interest in the mineral rights and claims over the resource⁴ on the portion of the historic Kapunda copper mine in South Australia recoverable by way of in situ recovery; and
· rights to earn up to 75% of the Moonta copper project, also in
Thor has an interest in Hawkstone Mining Limited, an Australian ASX listed company with a 100% Interest in a Lithium project with a JORC compliant resource in
Finally, Thor also holds a production royalty entitlement from the Spring Hill Gold project⁶ of:
• A$6 per ounce of gold produced from the Spring Hill tenements where the gold produced is sold for up to A$1,500 per ounce; and
• A$14 per ounce of gold produced from the Spring Hill tenements where the gold produced is sold for amounts over A
¹ Refer ASX and AIM announcement of 23 August 2018
² Refer ASX and AIM announcement of 26 November 2018
³ Refer AIM announcement of
⁴ Refer AIM announcement of 10 February 2016 and ASX announcement of 12 February 2018
⁵ Refer ASX and AIM announcement of 15 August 2019
⁶ Refer AIM announcement of 26 February 2016 and ASX announcement of 29 February 2016
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Thor Mining PLC
Market Cap: £9.55 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE