St. James's Place Plc ("SJP")
Annual Financial Report
SJP announces that its 2018 Annual Report and Accounts, Notice of Annual General Meeting and Form of Proxy have today been sent to shareholders. The SJP Annual General Meeting will be held at 11:30am on Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at The Royal Aeronautical Society, 4 Hamilton Place, London, W1J 7BQ.
In compliance with Listing Rule 9.6.1, SJP has today submitted the following documents to the UK Listing Authority via the National Storage Mechanism. The documents will shortly be available for inspection at www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM
· Annual Report and Accounts 2018;
· The Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on 14 May 2019; and
· Form of Proxy
The 2018 Annual Report and Notice of Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from the corporate website at www.sjp.co.uk/investor-relations
SJP has also published its Group Solvency and Financial Conditioning Report for the year ended 31 December 2018 (SFCR). In accordance with the requirements of the Solvency II Regulations, the SFCR can be downloaded from the corporate website at www.sjp.co.uk/shareholders/reports-presentation-and-webcasts/2019
SJP announced its Annual Results for the year ended 31 December 2018 on 27 February 2019. The following additional regulated information, in relation to the Annual Report and Accounts is provided in full and unedited text as required to be made public in accordance with Rule 6.3.5 of the Disclosure and Transparency Rules of the UK Financial Conduct Authority. This announcement should be read in conjunction with SJP's Annual Results Announcement issued on 27 February 2019 and is not a substitute for reading the full 2018 Annual Report and Accounts.
The responsibility statement below is set out in the 2018 Annual Report and Accounts and is repeated here solely for the purpose of complying with DTR 6.3.5. This statement relates to and is extracted from page 145 of the 2018 Annual Report. Responsibility is for the full 2018 Annual Report and not the information presented in this announcement or the Annual Results Announcement issued on 27 February 2019.
The Directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
Company law requires the Directors to prepare financial statements for each financial year. Under that law the Directors have prepared the Group financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) as adopted by the European Union, and the Parent Company financial statements in accordance with United Kingdom Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (United Kingdom Accounting Standards, comprising FRS 101 'Reduced Disclosure Framework', and applicable law). Under company law the Directors must not approve the financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Group and the Parent Company and of the profit or loss of the Group for that period. In preparing the financial statements, the Directors are required to:
• select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently;
• state whether applicable IFRSs as adopted by the European Union have been followed for the Group financial statements and United Kingdom Accounting Standards, comprising FRS 101, have been followed for the Parent Company financial statements, subject to any material departures disclosed and explained in the financial statements;
• make judgements and accounting estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and
• prepare the financial statements on the going concern basis unless it is inappropriate to presume that the Group and Parent Company will continue in business.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the Group and Parent Company's transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the Group and the Parent Company and enable them to ensure that the financial statements and the Directors' Remuneration Report comply with the Companies Act 2006 and, as regards the Group financial statements, Article 4 of the IAS Regulation.
The Directors are also responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Group and the Parent Company and hence for taking reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud and other irregularities.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the Group's website. Legislation in the United Kingdom governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
The Directors consider that the Annual Report and accounts, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable and provides the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Group and Parent Company's performance, business model and strategy.
Each of the Directors, whose names and functions are listed in the Board of Directors section of the Annual Report confirm that, to the best of their knowledge:
• the Parent Company financial statements, which have been prepared in accordance with United Kingdom Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (United Kingdom Accounting Standards, comprising FRS 101 'Reduced Disclosure Framework', and applicable law) give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit of the Parent Company;
• the Group financial statements, which have been prepared in accordance with IFRSs as adopted by the EU, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit of the Group; and
• the Strategic Report includes a fair review of the development and performance of the business and the position of the Group and Parent Company, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that it faces.
For further information please contact:
Deputy Company Secretary
St. James's Place plc (LEI: 213800M993ICXOMBCP87)
Tel: +44 (0)1285 717237
9 April 2019
Neither the contents of the Company's website nor the contents of any website accessible from hyperlinks on this announcement (or any other website) is incorporated into, or forms part of, this announcement.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.