Annual Financial Report
Renishaw plc (the "Company")
Annual Report 2019 and Notice of Annual General Meeting
Further to the publication on 1 August 2019 of the Company's preliminary announcement of its annual results for the year ended 30 June 2019 (the "Preliminary Announcement"), it is confirmed that the following have today been posted to shareholders, submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM:
1. Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2019;
2. Notice of Annual General Meeting ("AGM"); and
3. Proxy Form.
The Annual Report 2019 and Notice of AGM will also be available at www.renishaw.com/investor.
The Company's AGM will be held at New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR on Thursday 24 October 2019 at 12:00 noon.
In compliance with the Disclosure and Transparency Rules, the following information, together with the Preliminary Announcement (available at www.renishaw.com/investor), forms the information required by DTR 6.3.5R to be communicated in unedited full text:
The Directors are responsible for preparing the Annual Report and the Group and Company Financial statements in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
Company law requires the Directors to prepare Group and Company Financial statements for each financial year. Under that law the Directors have prepared the Group Financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) as adopted by the European Union (EU) and have prepared the Company Financial statements in accordance with UK Accounting Standards, including FRS 101 'Reduced Disclosure Framework'.
Under company law the Directors must not approve the Financial statements unless they are satisfied that they give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Group and the Company and of their profit or loss for that period.
In preparing each of the Group and Company Financial statements, the Directors are required to:
- select suitable accounting policies and then apply them consistently;
- make judgements and accounting estimates that are reasonable and prudent;
- for the Group Financial statements, state whether they have been prepared in accordance with IFRSs as adopted by the EU, subject to any material departures disclosed and explained in the Financial statements;
- for the Company Financial statements, state whether applicable UK Accounting Standards, including FRS 101 'Reduced Disclosure Framework', have been followed, subject to any material departures disclosed and explained in the Company Financial statements; and
- prepare the Financial statements on the going concern basis unless it is inappropriate to presume that the Group and the Company will continue in business.
The Directors are responsible for keeping adequate accounting records that are sufficient to show and explain the Company's transactions and disclose with reasonable accuracy at any time the financial position of the Group and the Company, and enable them to ensure that the Financial statements comply with the Companies Act 2006. They are also responsible for taking such steps as are reasonably open to them to safeguard the assets of the Group and the Company to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities.
Under applicable law and regulations, the Directors are also responsible for preparing a strategic report, directors' report, directors' remuneration report and corporate governance statement that comply with that law and those regulations.
The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the corporate and financial information included on the Company's website. Legislation in the UK governing the preparation and dissemination of financial statements may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Responsibility statement of the Directors in respect of the annual financial report
We confirm that to the best of our knowledge:
- the Financial statements, prepared in accordance with the applicable set of accounting standards, give a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit or loss of the Group and of the Company and the undertakings included in the consolidation taken as a whole; and
- the Strategic report and the Directors' report include a fair review of the development and performance of the business during the year and the position of the Company and the Group at the year end, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties that they face.
We consider the Annual Report, taken as a whole, is fair, balanced and understandable and provides the information necessary for shareholders to assess the Group's and the Company's position and performance, business model and strategy.
Signed on behalf of the Board.
Group Finance Director
1 August 2019
For further information, please contact:
General Counsel & Company Secretary
21 August 2019
New Mills, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8JR
01106260, England and Wales
+44 (0)1453 524524
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Quick facts: Renishaw plc
Market Cap: £2.75 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE