Red Rock Resources - Luanshimba, DRC Geophysics Programme begins
Red Rock Resources PLC
("Red Rock" or the "Company")
Geophysics Programme Begins at Luanshimba, DRC
Red Rock Resources Plc, the natural resource development company with interests in gold, manganese and copper, announces that today a team mobilised to Red Rock's 80% owned Luanshimba license in the south-east of the
The programme will be carried out under the supervision of Minerals Exploration Associates SARL ("Minex Consulting SA") and will consist of the following:
· A 70.95 Kml ground magnetics survey on a north-south spacing of 100m and an east-west spacing of 200m to be carried out by Progress SARL;
· A 12 Kml induced polarization survey on 6 lines of 2 kml each to be carried out by Progress SARL;
· Provision of raw data to Ronacher McKenzie Geoscience for interpretation;
· Checking of on-site artisanal activity.
The object of the survey will be to identify conductive targets and improve understanding of local structure, in order to optimise subsequent drill targeting.
Red Rock Chairman
Red Rock owns 80% of the Luanshimba Project, which is situated 65 km south-east of the provincial capital of Lubumbashi in Haut-Katanga, in a 420 hectare prospecting license (PR13513) in the Congolese Copperbelt.
The tenement is situated along a disrupted anticline with undifferentiated Roan sediments of the Mwashya Subgroup draping off a nearby basement dome, similar to some other Cu-deposits in the immediate area.
A comprehensive termite mound sampling programme combined with reconnaissance geological mapping was conducted in 2018 over an area underlain by prospective Roan Group sediments. 452 samples were collected on a 100x100m grid, and then split, with one batch sent to ALS Laboratories in
Red Rock identified as a result of the programme 2 strongly anomalous areas that are open-ended:
· In the southern part of the licence, a 2km long anomaly up to 500m wide striking ENE, (Trend A), follows carbonaceous shale and silicified dolomite into the nose of a disrupted anticline underlain by known Upper Roan silicified dolomite and carbonaceous shale-adjacent oxidised sandstone.
· Anomalous metal assays with peak values of 519ppm Cu and 425ppm Co corroborated the XRF values and are partly coincident with above average contents of pathfinder elements Bi and
· Occasional outcrops reveal limonitic coatings and tiny cavities after sulphides along with occasional malachite that also explain the occurrence of copper-tolerant flora.
· The northern anomaly, (Trend B), a SE- striking copper-cobalt anomaly some 1,400m by 300m wide, while more subdued, is still significant as it clearly mimics the regional metalliferous stratigraphic and structural trend.
Figure 1: Copper anomaly map overlaid on the RTP magnetic image
These results were announced on
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
For further information, please contact:
Scott Kaintz 0207 747 9990 Director Red Rock Resources Plc
Roland Cornish/ Rosalind Hill Abrahams 0207 628 3396 NOMAD Beaumont Cornish Limited
Mark Treharne 0203 700 2500 Broker Pello Capital Limited
Quick facts: Red Rock Resources PLC
Market Cap: -
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE