Rockfire Resources - Geophysics highlights large anomalies at Plateau
("Rockfire" or the "Company")
Geophysics highlights large anomalies at Plateau
· Multiple, high chargeability zones occur over a distance of over 500m;
· The strongest chargeable response starts at around 70m below surface and extends to depth;
· Chargeability zones remain open along strike and at depth;
· Current Plateau gold resource is 1,147,000 tonnes @ 1.1 g/t Au for 40,000 ounces of gold;
· A single drill hole is planned as part of the current drilling program to drill into the centre of one of the chargeable responses to test for gold mineralisation down to 200m.
An image showing geophysical slices looking west can be viewed here.
"An Induced Polarisation (IP) survey was conducted in 1985, and using modern processing techniques, Rockfire has identified multiple, strong chargeable responses in excess of 35 mv/V. One of these geophysical targets lies adjacent to a drill hole drilled by Rockfire in 2017 which intersected 22m @ 1.90g/t Au. Our current drilling program will include one hole which will drill down into the centre of this IP target to test for gold mineralisation down to 200m below surface."
"As we focus on Plateau, we're observing more evidence for a potentially large-scale gold deposit. Plateau has similarities to the currently operational Mt Wright gold mine (+1 Moz) which occurs approximately 50 km northeast of Plateau. Mt Wright and Plateau are both breccia-hosted gold deposits on the margins of a rhyolite plug."
"We will continue to inform the market on our progress at Plateau."
For further information on the Company, please visit www.rockfireresources.com or contact the following:
| || |
Tel:+44 (0) 20 3328 5656
| || |
Tel: +44 (0)14 8341 3500
| || |
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Rockfire Resources PLC
Market Cap: £7.25 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE