Rockfire Resources - Large deep target confirmed at Plateau
The information contained within this announcement is deemed by the Company to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014 ("MAR"). With the publication of this announcement via a
("Rockfire" or the "Company")
Large deep target confirmed by geophysics at Plateau
· A large geophysical anomaly has been detected around and beneath BPL025 which intersected 177 m @ 0.5 g/t Au (as announced on 26 November 2019);
· The anomaly has been proven to host gold mineralisation near surface and provides multiple strong targets for gold exploration at depth;
· The resistivity/chargeability anomaly extends from surface to beyond 400 m deep;
· The anomaly is 350 m wide, over 200 m long, and plunges to the east;
· The geophysical target is open to the east and west, and at depth;
· BPL025 lies on the western extremity of the geophysical response, suggesting that future drilling should be focussed further east of this hole;
· A second large resistivity low has also been highlighted 300 m south of Plateau. This zone also extends from surface to over 400 m deep and is completely undrilled;
· Rockfire intends to extend the geophysical survey towards the east to track the anomaly further.
· Rockfire awaits results from the remaining 11 drill holes from the
An image showing the geophysical anomalies can be viewed here. http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/3897W_1-2019-12-10.pdf
"The geophysics has returned some very positive responses. At surface and in our drilling, we have observed geological evidence of a perceived deepening of gold mineralisation, plunging towards the east. This is also reflected in the geophysics,, with resistivity and chargeability deepening towards the north and east."
"The persistence of the responses at depth beneath our drilling is encouraging, but just as exciting, is a second resistive low anomaly about 300m south of our drilling. This response has never been drilled and the Company will look to investigate this as part of our on-going exploration at Plateau."
"As we continue to explore Plateau, we are observing increasing evidence of a large mineralising system. The similarities between Plateau and the Mt Wright gold mine (+1 Moz) continue to be evident, with Mt Wright being characterised by a pronounced resistivity low, which has now been identified at Plateau. The resistivity low identified in this geophysical survey provides a prime target for on-going exploration and we will continue to inform the market on our excellent progress at Plateau."
"Rockfire is awaiting the results from the final 11 drill holes at Plateau. The market will be informed once the Company receives these results."
Qualified Person Statement:
Information in this announcement that relates to exploration results is based on information compiled by Mr
For further information on the Company, please visit www.rockfireresources.com or contact the following:
| || |
| || |
Tel:+44 (0) 20 3328 5656
| || |
Tel: +44 (0)14 8341 3500
| || |
About Rockfire Resources
Rockfire Resources is a mineral exploration company exploring for precious and base metals in
The minerals targeted by Rockfire include gold, copper, silver and zinc, of which the company has multiple prospects and targets in
The Company has adopted a strategy of growth based on advancing exploration on its existing portfolio of projects, as well as a continual assessment of quality opportunities to acquire outstanding mineral projects worldwide.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Rockfire Resources PLC
Market Cap: £7.25 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE