Capital Allocation & Shareholder Distributions
Imperial Brands Announces Revised Capital Allocation and Shareholder Distributions Policy
· 2019 dividend unchanged at 10% growth
· Revised progressive dividend growth policy thereafter
· Continued investment in growth opportunities
· Divestment programme on track
· Further deleverage to support a strong and efficient balance sheet
· Return surplus cash, including via share buybacks; up to £200m share buyback announced
The Board of Imperial Brands PLC today announces a revised capital allocation and shareholder distributions policy to support continued growth and optimised returns for shareholders. The Board reaffirms the 10% dividend growth in respect of the final dividend for the current financial year ending 30 September 2019. Thereafter, the revised dividend policy will be progressive, growing annually from the current level, taking into account underlying business performance. This new policy recognises the Company's continued strong cash generation and the importance of growing dividends for shareholders, while providing greater flexibility in capital allocation.
The revised dividend policy is part of a wider review of capital allocation priorities which will support continued investment in business growth, funded by a strong but efficient balance sheet and with growing shareholder returns.
The revised capital allocation framework adopts a balanced approach that delivers:
· Continued investment in organic growth opportunities in tobacco and Next Generation Products (NGP).
· Investment in targeted M&A opportunities to build on the capabilities and technologies of our NGP portfolio and in other growth adjacencies.
· Further active capital management through our ongoing divestment programme, which remains a key priority. We are on track to realise proceeds of up to £2 billion before May 2020 and will assess the most appropriate use of proceeds at the time including debt reduction and share buybacks.
· A strong but efficient balance sheet with an investment grade credit rating and gearing within a net debt/EBITDA range of 2-2.5 times.
· A progressive dividend policy with any surplus cash flows to be returned to shareholders via share buybacks, enhanced ordinary dividends or special dividends, depending on market conditions.
As part of this revised capital allocation framework, we are also announcing today a share buyback programme, which will return up to £200 million to shareholders before the end of the current calendar year.
+44 (0)7970 328 903
+44 (0)7967 467 241
+44 (0)7964 110 921
+44 (0)7967 467 684
+44 (0)7581 052880
| || |
Certain statements in this announcement constitute or may constitute forward-looking statements. Any statement in this announcement that is not a statement of historical fact including, without limitation, those regarding the Company's future expectations, operations, financial performance, financial condition and business is or may be a forward-looking statement. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in any forward-looking statement. These risks and uncertainties include, among other factors, changing economic, financial, business or other market conditions. These and other factors could adversely affect the outcome and financial effects of the plans and events described in this announcement. As a result, you are cautioned not to place any reliance on such forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements reflect knowledge and information available at the date of this announcement and the Company undertakes no obligation to update its view of such risks and uncertainties or to update the forward-looking statements contained herein. Nothing in this announcement should be construed as a profit forecast or profit estimate and no statement in this announcement should be interpreted to mean that the future earnings per share of the Company for current or future financial years will necessarily match or exceed the historical or published earnings per share of the Company. This announcement has been prepared for, and only for the members of the Company, as a body, and no other persons. The Company, its Directors, employees, agents or advisers do not accept or assume responsibility to any other person to whom this announcement is shown or into whose hands it may come and any such responsibility or liability is expressly disclaimed.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Quick facts: Imperial Brands
Market Cap: £15.99 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE