4 November 2019
GVC Holding PLC
("GVC", the "Company")
The Board of Directors of GVC, the global sports-betting and gaming group, is pleased to announce that J M Barry Gibson has been selected to succeed Lee Feldman as Non-Executive Chairman.
After serving on the Board of GVC for 15 years and as Chairman for 11 years, Lee Feldman will step down on 27 February 2020, when Barry Gibson will succeed him as Chairman, with the latter's appointment as a Non-Executive Director taking effect from 4 November 2019.
Barry Gibson is the Chairman of HomeServe plc, and has worked with its founder CEO for nearly a decade to grow HomeServe into a market leading FTSE 250 business. Barry has extensive experience of the gambling sector, having previously been a Non-Executive Director of William Hill plc and bwin.party digital entertainment plc, where he was the Senior Independent Director. He also has a long track record in the retail sector having previously been the Group Retailing Director at BAA plc, Group Chief Executive of Littlewoods plc, Non-Executive Chairman of Harding Brothers Holdings Ltd, and Non-Executive Director of both Somerfield plc and National Express plc.
Stephen Morana, GVC's Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, who led the process to appoint a successor to Lee Feldman, commented:
"Our criteria for the new Chairman included significant gambling sector experience, a demonstrable track-record of success on a range of high-profile public company boards, and a deep understanding of the evolving corporate governance landscape. After an extensive search, Barry stood out as exceeding all of those criteria, and we are delighted that someone of his calibre and experience is joining GVC to help us realise our ambitious plans for future growth.
"On behalf of the Board I would also like to thank Lee Feldman for playing such an instrumental role in GVC's transformation from a small AIM listed business to a major Main Market, premium listed company. We wish him the very best for the future."
Barry Gibson said:
"I am delighted to be joining GVC at such an exciting point in its growth trajectory. I have been involved in a number of companies in the gambling sector over many years, and it is immediately clear to me that GVC has industry-leading technology, products, brands, marketing capabilities and people. As such, I see enormous potential for this business and am looking forward very much to helping GVC to be the most successful and responsible operator in the sector."
In accordance with LR 9.6.13 of the Listing Rules it is disclosed that Barry Gibson is currently the Non-Executive Chairman of HomeServe plc and up until 5 March 2016, the Senior Independent Non-Executive Director of bwin.party digital entertainment plc. There are no additional details to disclose under this Listing Rule provision. Barry Gibson owns 17,587 GVC ordinary shares.
- ends -
GVC Holdings PLC
Kenneth Alexander, Chief Executive Officer
Rob Wood, Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 0207 250 1446
Rob Greening / Elly Williamson
GVC Holdings PLC is one of the world's largest sports-betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. The Group owns a comprehensive portfolio of established brands; Sports Brands include bwin, Coral, Crystalbet, Eurobet, Ladbrokes, Neds and Sportingbet; Games Brands include CasinoClub, Foxy Bingo, Gala, Gioco Digitale, partypoker and PartyCasino. The Group owns proprietary technology across all of its core product verticals and in addition to its B2C operations provides services to a number of third-party customers on a B2B basis. The Group has also entered into a joint-venture with MGM Resorts to capitalise on the sports-betting and gaming opportunity in the US. The Group, incorporated in the Isle of Man, is a constituent of the FTSE 250 index and has licences in more than 20 countries, across five continents.
For more information see the Group's website: www.gvc-plc.com
Note for Editors
1. The appointment of Barry Gibson as Chairman Designate was made by the Board on the recommendation of the Nominations Committee following a search which was led by Stephen Morana, GVC's Senior Independent Non-Executive Director. The Committee comprises Stephen Morana and Jane Anscombe and is chaired by Lee Feldman, however, in accordance with good governance practice, Lee Feldman did not participate in this process. All the other Non-Executive Directors, who are not members of the Nominations Committee also participated in the succession process.
2. The Board determined that Barry Gibson is an independent Non-Executive Director on appointment in accordance with the UK Corporate Governance Code.
3. The Remuneration Committee agreed an annual fee of £450,000 for the new Chairman.
4. In addition to being Chairman, Barry Gibson will also Chair the Company's Nominations Committee from 27 February 2020.
5. Barry Gibson has been issued with a letter of appointment which may be viewed by contacting the Company Secretary at the Company's registered office.
6. Board composition
With effect from 27 February 2020, the composition of the Board of GVC will be as follows:
· Barry Gibson, Chairman of the Board and of the Nominations Committee
· Kenneth Alexander, Chief Executive Officer
· Rob Wood, Chief Financial Officer
· Stephen Morana, Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
· Jane Anscombe, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Remuneration Committee
· Pierre Bouchut, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Audit Committee
· Peter Isola, Independent Non-Executive Director
· Virginia McDowell, Independent Non-Executive Director & Chair of Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.
Quick facts: GVC Holdings
Market Cap: £5.3 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE