EQTEC PLC - Projects and Commercial Update
("EQTEC", the "Company" or the "Group")
Projects and Commercial Update
· Work for full detailed quote for the grid connection has been completed by grid operator,
· Non-binding project finance term sheet received for the project, which has been signed by EQTEC and is being assessed by a consortium of potential equity investors. The funding structure set out in the term sheet comprises both senior debt and mezzanine tranches and requires an equity contribution from the consortium of developers of, in aggregate, 10% of the total project CAPEX, currently estimated at c.
· Following detailed technical due diligence on EQTEC's advanced gasification technology, an offer for a Technology Warranty Insurance Policy was offered by an international underwriter of speciality insurance products for the project. The nature of cover offered and the level of insurance premium is considered by EQTEC to be in-line with expectations and it is to be offered to the funders and the EPC contractor as part of the project structure.
· Detailed engineering plan completed and delivered by EQTEC, in
· Preparation work commenced in-line with the project programme, including the requirement to have the equipment located at the Group's Newry site in
· Full planning permit for the new location (initially to accommodate a larger 2MWe capacity power plant) is still under process with some delays attributable to COVID-19.
· The client is now evaluating the option of a larger installation and requested a full quote for an increased 3MWe plant. This was completed and provided by EQTEC.
· Full project technical due diligence report completed by TUV Hellas, the nominated engineer of the local Greek bank (the "Bank") offering the project finance, which has now been presented to the Bank.
· Project third party financial due diligence requested by the Bank, which was carried out by EY Greece, has also been completed and provided to the Bank.
· The Bank's credit committee meeting for project final approval was rescheduled to first week of
ewerGy/ECO Hellas Pipeline:
· 13 potential new projects in the Balkan region have passed the initial due diligence phase and, accordingly, now fall under the scope of the framework agreement (announced on
· 10 new commercial enquiries have been received by the Company in Q1/early Q2 2020 and full detailed commercial offers, with an aggregate potential sales value of c.
· EQTEC has progressed discussions with a European Infrastructure Operator of district heating and waste to energy and, together, the parties have selected three potential projects for financial due diligence, which has already commenced. Once completed, the intention is to develop the projects together under a new framework collaboration agreement.
"I am pleased with the ongoing progress that EQTEC has made during this challenging time. As we approach H2 2020, we continue to focus on executing our strategy with special emphasis in seeking strategic partnerships to enhance our portfolio opportunities. We are already experiencing an increase in the number of large operators that are engaging in conversations with us regarding collaboration opportunities. We believe the coronavirus pandemic may influence the pace and nature of climate action positively and we will be ready to seize inspiring and fruitful new partnerships to apply our solutions."
This announcement contains inside information as defined in Article 7 of the EU Market Abuse Regulation No 596/2014 and has been announced in accordance with the Company's obligations under Article 17 of that Regulation.
| || |
+353 21 2409 056
Strand Hanson - Nomad & Financial Adviser
+44 20 7409 3494
| || |
+44 1483 413 500
IFC Advisory - Financial PR & IR
+44 20 3934 6630
| || |
Notes to Editors
EQTEC is a technology partner with proven proprietary patented technology for waste-to-value applications.
EQTEC designs and supply advanced gasification solutions and has a higher efficiency product offering that it is modular and scalable from 2MW to 30MW. Of particular importance is the versatility to process over 50 different types of feedstock, including municipal waste, agricultural waste, biomass and plastics. Our solutions produce a uniquely pure high-quality synthesis gas (syngas), so that is capable of being used for the widest applications in energy and biofuels.
Proprietary technology design, deployment and maintenance capabilities, mitigate the risks when using 3rd party equipment. Technology Integration capabilities enable to lead collaborative ecosystems to build sustainable, waste elimination and green energy infrastructure.
The Company is quoted on AIM, bears the Green Economy Mark awarded by the
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: EQTEC PLC
Market Cap: £30.12 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE