Diploma PLC - Directorate Change
12 CHARTERHOUSE SQUARE, LONDON EC1M 6AX
TELEPHONE: +44 (0)20 7549 5700
FACSIMILE: +44 (0)20 7549 5715
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Barbara is a chartered accountant having qualified with
Commenting on the appointment, Johnny Thomson, Chief Executive of Diploma said:
"I am delighted to welcome Barbara to Diploma. She has a wealth of experience and a strong track record in fast paced, decentralised, service-orientated environments. She has strategic vision, strong commercial acumen and a track record of execution. I have no doubt that Barbara is an excellent fit for Diploma, and I am really excited about working with her to deliver our strategic objectives and the next phase of growth."
Barbara Gibbes said:
"I am looking forward to joining Diploma. The business has an excellent track record of value-added customer service and strong returns, and I look forward to working with Johnny and the management team to further develop and realise the Group's potential."
For further information, please contact:
Johnny Thomson, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0)20 7549 5700
Nigel Lingwood, Group Finance Director
| || |
+44 (0)20 7353 4200
1. As Chief Financial Officer of
2. Barbara will receive a pension allowance of 4% of base salary, aligned with the majority of the Group's UK workforce. This is subject to review and alignment if the contribution level for the majority of the UK workforce increases.
3. Barbara will also be eligible to participate in the Company's Annual Performance Bonus Plan up to a maximum of 125% of base salary. The Award made under the Annual Performance Bonus Plan for the year ending
4. Barbara will also be eligible to participate in the Company's long-term incentive plan, the Performance Share Plan ("PSP"). She will be granted a pro-rated award under the PSP for the performance period
5. All these remuneration arrangements are consistent with the terms of the Directors' Remuneration Policy which is set out in the 2019 Annual Report & Accounts and was approved by shareholders at the AGM on
6. In the last 5 years Barbara was (but is no longer) a director of
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Diploma's businesses are focussed on supplying essential products and services which are funded by the customers' operating rather than their capital budgets, providing recurring income and stable revenue growth.
Our businesses then design their individual business models to closely meet the requirements of their customers, offering a blend of high quality customer service, deep technical support and value adding activities. By supplying essential solutions, not just products, we build strong long term relationships with our customers and suppliers, which support attractive and sustainable margins.
Finally we encourage an entrepreneurial culture in our businesses through our decentralised management structure. We want our managers to feel that they have the freedom to run their own businesses, while being able to draw on the support and resources of a larger group. These essential values ensure that decisions are made close to the customer and that the businesses are agile and responsive to changes in the market and the competitive environment.
The Group employs ca. 2,100 employees and its principal operating businesses are located in the UK, Northern Europe, North America and Australia.
Over the last ten years, the Group has grown adjusted earnings per share at an average of ca. 16% p.a. through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. Diploma is a member of the FTSE 250 with a market capitalisation of ca.
Further information on
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Diploma PLC
Market Cap: £1.75 billion
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE