C4X Discovery - Business Update
Continued progress across proprietary portfolio
Phase 1 clinical trial with C4X_3256 initiated by partner Indivior
New Taxonomy3® collaboration with the
"I am delighted to share the progress we have made over recent months across our proprietary portfolio despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, in particular, the continued headway in our key inflammation programmes. Importantly, Indivior recently commenced a Phase 1 clinical trial with our selective Orexin-1 antagonist, C4X_3256, for the treatment of opioid dependence and we eagerly await those results in due course. Our two most advanced programmes, NRF-2 and IL-17, continue to move forward with one of our lead NRF-2 molecules, C4X_6746, showing significant efficacy in a pre-clinical model of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). This enables expansion of our commercial discussions beyond those partners already engaged in assessing the programme for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and Sickle Cell Disease.
"We are also pleased to announce a new partnership with the
C4XD has continued to make progress across key programmes in its portfolio:
· Indivior has commenced a Phase 1 clinical trial for C4XD's novel selective Orexin-1 antagonist, C4X_3256 (also known as INDV-2000), for the treatment of opioid dependence with the first patient now dosed (https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04413552). This single ascending dose study in healthy volunteers is anticipated to complete by year end.
· One of C4XD's lead NRF-2 activator molecules C4X_6746, has recently been shown to significantly inhibit the disease score in a pre-clinical model of IBD in a dose-related manner. Candidate nomination studies continue.
· The lead optimisation stage has been initiated for C4XD's novel oral IL-17 inhibitor programme for the treatment of Psoriasis with the aim of identifying further improved small molecules to drive towards a pre-clinical candidate shortlist. We note that
· Significant progress has been made on C4XD's early oral inhibitor programme targeting a4b7 integrin for the treatment of IBD. Effective antibody therapy against this target is already approved, removing the clinical target risk, but effective oral therapy remains highly sought after. C4XD has identified a second series of novel, potent and selective inhibitors providing a further competitive edge for this programme. This reaffirms the capability of C4XD's Conformetrix technology to discover novel chemical scaffolds for high-value challenging drug targets. Both series have recently demonstrated oral bioavailability in PK studies with the current focus on improving PK properties to demonstrate functional inhibition of a4b7 integrin in vivo following oral dosing.
· C4XD has recently entered a new collaboration with the GEN-COVID consortium, a network of more than 20 hospitals in
- Ends -
| || |
| || |
+44 (0)787 6444977
| || |
| || |
+44 (0)20 7886 2500
C4X Discovery Media -
| || |
+44 (0)203 709 5700
Notes to Editors:
C4XD has a state-of-the-art suite of proprietary technologies across the Drug Discovery process and accesses further innovative capabilities and expertise through its growing network of partners. The Company is actively advancing its diverse pre-clinical discovery portfolio which is focused on inflammation, neurodegeneration and oncology (including immuno-oncology). Opportunities to maximise value from the portfolio are proactively driven by C4XD's commercial division. The Company is led by a highly experienced management team and Board who have delivered significant value creation within the healthcare sector.
Taxonomy3® is a novel in silico platform technology that utilises proprietary ground-breaking mathematical algorithms to perform complex multivariate analysis of genetic data. Since these novel targets are based on human genetic data, this enables the discovery of targets that cause disease, rather than those that are simply associated with its symptoms, and thereby provides the best starting point for drug discovery, biomarker identification and patient stratification. The resulting drugs have a greater probability of successful clinical development and product realisation.
For additional information please go to: www.c4xdiscovery.com
GEN-COVID is a network of more than 20 Italian Hospitals led by Professor
For additional information please go to: https://sites.google.com/dbm.unisi.it/gen-covid
RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the
Quick facts: C4X Discovery Holdings PLC
Market Cap: £20.86 m
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE