Balfour Beatty PLC - BALFOUR BEATTY SECURES £425M HIGHWAYS ENGLAND WORK
BALFOUR BEATTY SECURES INITIAL WORK PACKAGES VALUED AT
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, announces that it has secured a place on two lots - B6 in the South East worth up to
This regional six-year framework will see contractors work with Highways England as partners responsible for designing and constructing motorway and major A-road projects across
Balfour Beatty's digitally-enhanced way of working was instrumental in securing both lots. In collaboration with their design partner, Atkins, Balfour Beatty will utilise BIM to improve efficiencies in delivering works and will also deploy off-site manufacturing techniques. This is a direct result of the Group's own lean strategy to reduce onsite activity by 25% by the year 2025, driving greater project efficiency and safety and lower waste by moving away from traditional industry methods.
In keeping with its added social value approach, Balfour Beatty will draw on a local supply chain, 40% of which will comprise SMEs. At construction peak, Balfour Beatty will employ 250 people, of which 5% will be apprenticeships, maintaining the Group's commitment to The 5% Club, and rising to 10% by 2022.
"Balfour Beatty's deep domain knowledge and unique capability in complex road construction, acquired through many years' of successful projects for Highways England, make us ideally positioned to support delivery of the
Tel. +44 (0)20 7216 6824
Tel. +44 (0)20 7216 6846
Notes to editors:
· Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 28,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
· Our main geographies are the
· Balfour Beatty's highways business designs, constructs and manages many of the
· Through constant innovation and the use of cutting-edge technology, Balfour Beatty supports Highways England to deliver optimal highways experiences to the travelling public, better connecting communities and creating more reliable and safer journeys. From project conception through to completion, Balfour Beatty has a continued focus on future proofing its schemes. This includes creating smart motorways and preparing routes to welcome autonomous vehicles.
· Current projects include Balfour Beatty's
· Recently completed Highways schemes include the
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the
Quick facts: Balfour Beatty plc
Market Cap: -
NO INVESTMENT ADVICE
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE