9 July 2018
Legendary Investments PLC ("Legendary" or the "Company")
Legendary is pleased to provide its trading update ahead of its full year figures for the year ended 31 March 2018. Figures below are estimated and are unaudited:
· Investments up to £6.2m (2017: £4.3m), a rise of 46.5%
· Net assets up to £6.0m (2017: £4.7m), a rise of 27.7%
· Net profit at £665k (2017: loss of £281k)
· Virtualstock Holdings Limited ("VS") attracted an investment of £4.5m from Notion Capital, a leading European B2B SaaS Venture Capital firm, at a valuation of £66m. Legendary holds its stake in VS at this historic transaction value. Since then, VS has made significant progress: entering into a strategic partnership with Wincanton plc and nearly doubling revenues for the year to March 2018 from £3.2m for the year to March 2017.
· Investment in IBS Corporation Limited ("IBS") at nominal value. Post Legendary's investment, initial seed investors converted IBS debt to IBS equity and further investors took up IBS equity at a valuation of NZ$14.4m (£7.4m). Legendary holds its stake in IBS at this transaction value. Post Legendary's March 2018 year end, in April 2018, IBS was granted authorities to operate its banking services platform by the New Zealand regulatory authorities.
· Legendary acquired 9.7% of Crowd for Angels (UK) Limited ("CfA") at a post money valuation for CfA of £3.7m. Legendary holds its stake in CfA at this historic transaction value. Since then, CfA has launched its innovative Liquid Crypto Bond issue and Initial Coin Offering. Significantly, CfA rose from fifth (at the time of Legendary's investment in late December 2017) to third place in the most visited UK crowdfunding platforms (according to Alexa.com) after seeing website visitor figures grow by 290% between March and the end of May 2018 and its investor data base grow by a larger percentage.
· Legendary converted its stake in its Kyrgyz gold asset to shares in Circle Oil Tunisia Limited ("COTL") in late December 2017, following which, COTL was acquired by Dunraven Resources Limited ("Dunraven") resulting in Legendary having a 2.0% stake in Dunraven. Dunraven is initially focussing on North Africa and the Middle East. Alex MacDonald has been appointed its Chief Executive Officer. COTL holds and is the operator of the El Mediouni East and Central oil asset ("ELM") in the Mahdia Permit. ELM's previous owner, Circle Oil Plc, invested heavily in ELM, and in August 2014 announced a potential large discovery in which internal results estimated potentially recoverable prospective resources of approximately 100m barrels of oil. Dunraven has developed an 18 month work programme for ELM, including a drilling programme and is also in negotiations with a major services company to be their technical partner. Additionally, COTL intends to acquire a significant amount of new seismic over the licence area, and Dunraven is actively pursuing a pre-qualified portfolio of acquisition opportunities in the region. Legendary holds its stake in Dunraven at £175k.
Legendary expects to publish its audited full year results in early August.
Zafar Karim, Executive Chairman of Legendary Investments PLC, commented:
"We are delighted at the progress made this year. Legendary's investments and net assets have increased significantly and net profit is £665k, and all of this has been achieved on the basis of a very conservative historic transaction based valuation policy.
"This policy does not take any account of investee companies' progress, nor of their further prospects since the latest transaction, notably: VS's further contract wins; IBS winning authorities to operate its banking services platform; CfA's rise from number five to number three in the most visited UK crowdfunding platform rankings as well as the substantial growth in its website visitor figures and investor data base; and Dunraven's significant strategic progress.
"Progress continues at Legendary and its investee companies. Indeed, we expect post year end net assets to be higher than the year end value. Having established a solid track record of successful proactive investing, we now intend to take Legendary to the next level of its development. We look to the future with increased confidence and thank our shareholders for their continued support."
- ENDS -
Legendary Investments PLC
Zafar Karim / Thomas Reuner
020 8201 3536
| || |
Grant Thornton UK LLP
Colin Aaronson / Harrison Clarke
020 7383 5100
S.P. Angel Corporate Finance LLP
Richard Parlons / Richard Morrison
020 3470 0470
The information contained within this announcement is deemed to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.
About Legendary Investments PLC
Legendary Investments PLC focuses on assisting companies and making investments which exhibit the potential to generate returns of many multiples through capital appreciation. Typically, Legendary takes stakes in small companies where there are clear catalysts for value appreciation and the companies are operating in sectors exhibiting long term growth. Examples of such sectors include technology, energy and natural resources.
This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.rns.com.