Despite the favourable reaction to the announcement of the Bach Biosciences agreement (stock up 35%), Avacta’s market capitalisation is still much lower than biotech peers that have unique protein-based platforms and drug candidates in the clinical stage, where Avacta is on track to be by 2020.Full report is available via Capital Network website
- Overall Genedrive PLC (LON: GDR) reported a business and financial update for the six months to December 2017 in line with expectations
- Launch preparation of Genedrive® HCV test with partner Sysmex on track, expect sales to start coming through in CY2018
- £1.3mln income from the ongoing collaboration with the US DoD, in line with expectations
- Discussions for the disposal of the Services business are in progress
- With £4.6mln of cash at end-2017, and given the company's expected cash burn, a capital raise in the next 12 months can't be ruled out
- Full financial results for the six months to December 2017 to be published on March 20th
- Key inflection point: topline data readout from the PhaseOut DMD phase 2 trial in Duchenne (DMD) expected in 3Q 2018
- Imminent start of a pivotal phase 3 study for ridinilazole in C. difficile infections (CDI)
- Recent Discuva acquisition reinforces novel antibiotics discovery capabilities
- Current valuation (market cap of c. $165 mln) undemanding given the stage and commercial potential of Summit's lead programs
At the AGM of January 18th, Avacta reported good progress for both the Affimer therapeutic and reagents programs.
Their lead immuno-oncology development program is proceeding according to plan and multiple development milestones are expected in the course of 2018 (see next section for further details).
No investment advice
The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person. You further understand that none of the information providers or their affiliates will advise you personally concerning the nature, potential, advisability, value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy, or other matter.
You understand that the Site may contain opinions from time to time with regard to securities mentioned in other products, including company related products, and that those opinions may be different from those obtained by using another product related to the Company. You understand and agree that contributors may write about securities in which they or their firms have a position, and that they may trade such securities for their own account. In cases where the position is held at the time of publication and such position is known to the Company, appropriate disclosure is made. However, you understand and agree that at the time of any transaction that you make, one or more contributors may have a position in the securities written about. You understand that price and other data is supplied by sources believed to be reliable, that the calculations herein are made using such data, and that neither such data nor such calculations are guaranteed by these sources, the Company, the information providers or any other person or entity, and may not be complete or accurate.
From time to time, reference may be made in our marketing materials to prior articles and opinions we have published. These references may be selective, may reference only a portion of an article or recommendation, and are likely not to be current. As markets change continuously, previously published information and data may not be current and should not be relied upon.