- Preventing and treating diseases through the modulation of the microbiome is one of the most exciting frontiers of healthcare, and a fast growing market
- OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI), an innovative life sciences company focused on human microbiome, is rapidly transitioning from product development to the commercial stage with early revenues and commercial deals with major corporates including Tata and DSM
- Underpinned by a strong scientific rationale and clinical studies, OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI) products help managing significant health problems as weight loss, high cholesterol and hypertension
- OptiBiotix Health PLC (LON:OPTI) commercial push is currently directed towards the rapidly growing consumer health market
- A rich deal pipeline is likely to translate in material revenue growth (£1mln+) within 12 months
OptiBiotix is rapidly transitioning from being focused on product development to the market launch of their products.
We understand that the Company is actively pursuing a wide range of commercial deals, including licensing, profit sharing and distribution agreements, across multiple
geographies. In the last couple of years, OptiBiotix has already entered into development and commercial deals with several international companies, including KSF (Slimfast), Tata (x2), DSM and Sacco.
We are confident that the current rich deal pipeline will trigger a significant revenue uptake in the coming quarters. Based on our understanding, a typical commercial deal could generate annual revenue in the £250,000 - £500,000 range; we also note that larger deals in the multi-million range are within the Company's current reach.
We expect the income generated by the ongoing commercial expansion to provide the resources needed to accelerate OptiBiotix commercial push, including the potential acquisition on new IP and products.
From a financial perspective, OptiBiotix, with approx. £1.9mln of cash at the end of May 2017 and an estimated cash burn of c. £90k/month, is self-funded well into 2018, excluding any potential income from new deals.Full report is available via Capital Network website