Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Hyperdynamics shares up 22% on results of resource evaluation for Republic of Guinea concession

Hyperdynamics shares up 22% on results of resource evaluation for Republic of Guinea concession

Emerging oil and gas company Hyperdynamics (NYSE Amex: HDY) has, from the results of a resource evaluation, uncovered leads of 2.3 billion barrels of recoverable unrisked prospective oil resources at its oil and gas concession offshore of the Republic of Guinea in West Africa.

The evaluation, conducted by engineering firm Netherland Sewell and Associates (NSAI), was a three-month assessment of the prospective oil resources in selected prospects, and focused on the area currently being evaluated by the 3,635-square-kilometer 3D survey under contract with Petroleum Geo-Services of Norway.

The company anticipates further work on the remainder of the 25,000-square-kilometer concession to uncover further resource potential.

"We believe the concession has the potential of being a petroleum province in its own right that will support a multi-well exploration drilling program. We are doing the detailed 3D seismic program at present that will help us select the site for the first well, and we look forward to spudding the well by year-end 2011," said president and CEO Ray Leonard.

Hyperdynamics has a 77% stake in the concession, with the remaining 23% held by Aberdeen-based Dana Petroleum.
The company was up nearly 22% on the back of the news to $1.75 as of 11:50am ET on the Amex in New York on Wednesday.

View full HDY profile View Profile

Hyperdynamics Timeline

Related Articles

oil can with nodding donkeys in the background
March 16 2017
While it hasn’t yet, the market will eventually catch on to this mismatch between risk and potential return.
February 21 2017
Hillcrest Petroleum has signed a letter agreement with a Canadian oil and gas company, whereby the company will earn up to a 75% working interest and become the operator of record in two petroleum assets located in Western Canada, it said on Tuesday
November 29 2016
Avanti Energy Inc sees investment opportunities, despite Italy’s looming constitutional referendum

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use