Sign up UNITED KINGDOM
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Falcon Oil & Gas: Origin Energy doubles Beetaloo basin stake

Origin’s stake in the project doubles to 70% while Falcon retains its 30% stake and all of its entitlements from the 2014 farm-out deal.
onshore drilling operation
Origin is committed to paying for future work programmes

Aussie oil and gas major Origin Energy has bought-out Sasol from the Beetaloo basin shale venture in the Northern Territory.

Origin’s stake in the project doubles to 70% as a result of the deal, while AIM-quoted Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd (LON:FOG)  retains the other 30%.

Details of the deal value were not announced and the transaction is subject to a number of conditions, including government approval.

In a statement in London, Falcon noted that the transaction does not impact upon what it is due from the farm-out deal it agreed with both Origin and Sasol in 2014, as Origin will now assume 100% of the project spending pledged by both partners.

The deal comes after Origin outlined a very significant potential resource in the shale discoveries made by recent wells – it estimated some 6.6 trillion cubic feet of gas resources and said there could be as much as 496 TCF which would be 82bn barrels of oil - though operations on the ground are on hold, as there’s presently a moratorium on fracking in the Northern Territory.

Philip O’Quigley, Falcon chief executive, said: "Having recently announced the discovery of a material shale gas resource in the Beetaloo Basin, Origin's doubling of its interest in the Beetaloo Joint Venture is a significant endorsement in what some regard as the Northern Territory's most prospective onshore basin for shale gas.

“We look forward with Origin to progressing our understanding of the entire play while maturing the contingent resources to reserves over time, subject to the outcome of the Northern Territory's inquiry into hydraulic fracturing.”

 

CLICK HERE: For a daily round-up of all the Proactive news

Jamie_55a91591db06b.jpg
Why Invest In Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd? Read More Here

Register here to be notified of future FOG Company articles
View full FOG profile View Profile

Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd Timeline

Related Articles

trader celebrating
August 26 2016
San Leon is issuing new shares at 45p which is a 54% premium to the last price before trading was suspended in January.
petsec-energy-Maki-Petkovski-CEO-presenting-Melb-Jan-2017-757.png
February 03 2017
Maki Petkovski discussed cash flow generating assets and Yemen.
Tendrara, onshore Morocco well
July 03 2017
Badile had for a long time been seen as the primary value catalyst for Sound, but that was before the AIM-quoted explorer succeeded with the Tendrara asset.

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use