Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Metal Tiger and partner MOD Resources hit more “significant intersections” at Botswanan copper project

“The recent drill assays continue to build out potential depth extensions to the T3 deposit”
copper wire
Drilling has confirmed more copper deeper down

Drilling results from Metal Tiger PLC’s (LON:MTR) Kalahari copper belt joint venture in Botswana has confirmed “significant intersections” directly below the current T3 resource.

Back in March, Metal Tiger and its partner MOD Resources (ASX:MOD) discovered the new zone below where they already know copper to be present.

Assay results from the four diamond drill holes received today have confirmed the initial findings.

Zone 3, which is 300 metres below the current T3 resource, may even be part of a “more extensive mineralised contact”, Metal Tiger said, although further drilling is required to determine the significance of this zone.

Two ‘significant’ anomalies

Elsewhere at the project, an induced polarisation (IP) geophysics study has identified “two significant anomalies” just to the north of T3, which are now high priority drill targets.

An airborne electromagnetics (EM) geophysics survey will also target other potential deposits, similar to the T3 deposit, along the T3 dome.

T3 project ‘ready to move up the value curve’

“With the closing of the £4.85m fund raising last week, and the institutional support for our Botswana JV, Metal Tiger is now in a strong position to move the T3 project and the surrounding exploration portfolio up the value curve,” said Metal Tiger chief executive Michael McNeilly.

“The recent drill assays continue to build out potential depth extensions to the T3 deposit whilst the findings of the recent IP geophysics study have identified a further two geophysical anomalies worthy of high priority drill testing.

“We are also excited by the prospect of trialling helicopter-borne electromagnetics geophysics to rapidly delineate conductive sulphide and structural related drill targets in the wider T3 Dome.”

Metal has a 30% stake in the Kalahari copper belt project, with the other 70% belonging to its partner, MOD Resources.

Shares were off 3% to 2.9p on Monday.  

CLICK HERE to sign up to the Proactive daily newsletter 

View full MTR profile View Profile

Metal Tiger Timeline

February 12 2018
February 08 2018
February 05 2018
February 02 2018
February 02 2018
February 02 2018
January 31 2018
January 31 2018
January 30 2018

Related Articles

picture of wire
July 17 2017
The company has two core projects: T3 in Botswana and Kemco and a lead-zinc-silver project in Thailand
Royal Road Minerals' Nicaraguan ambitions starting to take shape
September 06 2017
Caza, which it has now bought, controlled land in the highly prospective but undeveloped gold belts of Nicaragua
February 24 2017
Paul Donaldson discussed with investors the Tier 1 Colluli Potash Project.

© Proactive Investors 2018

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use