Sign up United Kingdom
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors
Why invest in BME?
Barsele Minerals Corp.: THE INVESTMENT CASE

Barsele Minerals Corp bringing it on in Sweden

The firm owns 45% of the property, while joint venture partner Agnico Eagle has the rest (55%).
Barsele Minerals Corp bringing it on in Sweden
The total land package, 600km north of Stockholm, encompasses around 83,700 acres

Barsele Minerals Corp (CVE:BME) is a junior explorer focused on mining friendly Sweden and is making positive strides at its Barsele gold project.

The firm owns 45% of the property, while joint venture partner Agnico Eagle has the rest (55%), and the main goal is to define a gold deposit of between 1.5 million (mln) and 2mln ounces.

Significantly, until the ongoing pre-feasibility study is delivered, Agnico is responsible for all costs.

The total land package, 600km north of Stockholm, encompasses around 83,700 acres and there is potential for silver and copper at VMS (volcanic massive sulphide) deposits. It has been the scene of exploration for three decades.

There are major gold deposits nearby, including Bjorkdal, owned by Mandalay Resources (TSE:MND), Dragon Mining's Svartliden, as well as a  major polymetallic VMS deposit -  Bolidan Mining's Kristineberg underground mine, from which comes zinc, copper, lead, gold and silver.

Indeed, Barsele's management have form and the same team found Orko Silver Corp’s La Preciosa SilverGold deposit in Durango, Mexico.

Exploitation licences have been in place on the known area of mineralisation since 2007, which makes this a more advanced project than some.

Geology at a glance

Gold mineralisation mainly lies in an intrusion, where  there major zones of gold have been identified - the  Central, Avan & Skiråsen Zones.

A fourth mineralized gold zone, Skirträskbacken, lies around 3 km southeast of the Central Zone and extends into the Risberget gold prospect.

Meanwhile, the Norra Zone consists of massive sulphide mineralisation some 300 metres (m) in strike-length varying from 5m to 50m in width.

So what's Barsele hosting?

An NI 43-101 report four years ago resource showed, using a 0.6% g/t (gram per tonne) cut off, a higher confidence indicated resource of 14.1 million tonnes grading 1.21 gold grams per tonne (g/t) or 547,000 contained ounces of gold on the Central-Avan-Skiråsen gold zones (43% higher than a 2011 report).

Meanwhile, the inferred resource was put at 20.2 million tonnes grading 0.97 gold grams per tonne (g/t) or 627,000 contained ounces of gold - a very slight decrease on the previous report.

Exploration successes..

Work has been encouraging so far this year. From May to August between two and five diamond drilling machines were focused along the Central and Avan zones, as well as regional drilling of gold targets and selected volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) targets.

Highlight assays have included a 19.75 meter (m) core length, grading 5.07 grams per tonne gold uncut (3.49 g/t gold cut) at a midpoint depth of 265 meters below surface.

Another was  25 metres grading 5.34 grams per tonne gold at a midpoint depth of 265 metres below surface.

And in June, the group told investors that mining executive Alex Peter Tsakumis had joined the group as vice-president of corporate development.

Before this, Tsakumis had the same role at Timmins Gold Corp for nine years, where he was pivotal in developing it from a junior exploration firm to a production company.

Last year (2016), 135 holes totaling 1,366 meters of basal till drilling were completed with 1,040 samples collected.

In October alone, 6,000 metres of core was produced and 6,525 samples sent for analysis, with 2,452 results received.

Catalysts for 2017

The firm has said these included ongoing drill assays,  the increasing gold price and  the potential for a whatch this space.

View full BME profile View Profile

Barsele Minerals Corp. Timeline

Related Articles

August 15 2018
Thunderstruck has an attractive and diverse portfolio of assets in Fiji
July 03 2018
The company’s goal is to be a leader in the battery metals sector, with cleaner cobalt in Australia
coffee beans
April 26 2018
The company’s focus is the Arapua fertiliser project, located about 400km south-east of Brasilia in the State of Minas Gerais, a major agro-industrial centre.

No investment advice

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person. You further understand that none of the information providers or their affiliates will advise you personally concerning the nature, potential, advisability, value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy, or other matter.

You understand that the Site may contain opinions from time to time with regard to securities mentioned in other products, including company related products, and that those opinions may be different from those obtained by using another product related to the Company. You understand and agree that contributors may write about securities in which they or their firms have a position, and that they may trade such securities for their own account. In cases where the position is held at the time of publication and such position is known to the Company, appropriate disclosure is made. However, you understand and agree that at the time of any transaction that you make, one or more contributors may have a position in the securities written about. You understand that price and other data is supplied by sources believed to be reliable, that the calculations herein are made using such data, and that neither such data nor such calculations are guaranteed by these sources, the Company, the information providers or any other person or entity, and may not be complete or accurate.

From time to time, reference may be made in our marketing materials to prior articles and opinions we have published. These references may be selective, may reference only a portion of an article or recommendation, and are likely not to be current. As markets change continuously, previously published information and data may not be current and should not be relied upon.

© Proactive Investors 2018

Proactive Investors Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use