Sign up UNITED KINGDOM
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

LSE confirms talks to merge with Deutsche Boerse

If sealed, a deal would see LSE own 45.6% of the new company, with Deutsche Boerse owning the other 54.4%.
LSE confirms talks to merge with Deutsche Boerse
Detailed talks are ongoing, the LSE said.

Shares in the London Stock Exchange Group (LON:LSE) jumped around 12% on Tuesday as it confirmed it was in talks to potentially merge with Deutsche Boerse.

In a response to market speculation, and an earlier rise in its share price, the LSE told investors that the potential transaction would be an all-share merger of equals, into a new holdings company.

Detailed discussions are ongoing between the stock exchange operators.

LSE added that it is envisaged that its current shareholders would potentially receive 0.441 shares in the new company for every LSE share they own.

That would see LSE’s current shareholders own 45.6% of the new company, with Deutsche Boerse shareholders owning the other 54.4%.

“The boards believe that the potential merger would represent a compelling opportunity for both companies to strengthen each other in an industry-defining combination, creating a leading European-based global markets infrastructure group,” the LSE said in a statement.

It added that there was currently no certainty that any transaction will occur, and said a formal announcement of a merger would depend upon the two companies agreeing to terms and conditions and customary due diligence.

Jamie_55a91591db06b.jpg


Register here to be notified of future LSE Company articles
View full LSE profile

London Stock Exchange Timeline

Related Articles

iPhone6new.jpg
October 05 2015
Teathers has created with its mobile app a way of participating in share placings and initial public offerings on the same terms as the institutions.
Lloydsbuilding.jpg
October 12 2015
The second-largest holder of Charles Taylor stock is Miton, led by the small-cap guru Gervais Williams, who is on record as a big fan; in fact the stock is a key part of the Miton Managed Diverse Income Trust.
Vintage car
April 14 2016
The prime and near-prime lender has seen its share price nearly triple since the end of 2013

© Proactive Investors 2016

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.