Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Metal Tiger takes up Thai option

Metal Tiger has elected to exercise its option to acquire the remainder of SEAM's Thailand interests for an initial consideration of US$500,000
Metal Tiger takes up Thai option
Metal Tiger now controls 8 special prospecting licence applications in Western Thailand

Natural resources-focused investment company Metal Tiger (LON:MTR) has exercised its option to buy-out its former joint venture partner in Thailand, South East Asia Mining (SEAM).

At the same time, Metal Tiger will offload a 10% interest to a local Thai operating company, leaving Metal Tiger with 90% of the assets of its former joint venture with SEAM.

Metal Tiger has paid $200,000 in cash to SEAM, funded entirely from existing resources, and has granted SEAM shares in Metal Tiger to the value of $300,000 based on a transaction price of 0.87p per share.

A further $100,000 cash payment, plus a $60,000 working capital contribution and the issue of 23.8mln Metal Tiger warrants could be payable if SEAM is granted its primary target prospecting licence 1/2557 in the Kanchanaburi in Western Thailand.

Metal Tiger said it is actively engaged with Thai operating partners to continue the work programme across the Thai interests and to investigate additional opportunities.

“The strategic value of this acquisition is very important as we build our investment in Thailand. That investment is lent more credibility because the local Thai operating team, including key members of the SEAM organisation, have extensive operating experience in Thailand,” said Paul Johnson, chief executive officer of Metal Tiger. 

“With this acquisition now undertaken, our focus moves to building on this foundation by investing in work on the ground in our existing interests and by adding new opportunities that offer material value upside for shareholders,” Johnson added.

View full MTR profile View Profile

Metal Tiger Timeline

Related Articles

July 10 2017
Find out more from Lithium Power International Ltd at the Proactive's CEO Sessions.
September 29 2017
The firm owns 45% of the property, while joint venture partner Agnico Eagle has the rest (55%).
Mustang Resources' Christiaan Jordaan with investors at Proactive's CEO Sessions
October 06 2017
Christiaan Jordaan discussed rubies with investors at Proactive's CEO Session in Melbourne.

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use