Sign up UNITED KINGDOM
Proactive Investors - Run By Investors For Investors

Aminex and Bowleven call off Tanzania deal

A forward work programme could not be agreed between all of the parties involved
Aminex and Bowleven call off Tanzania deal
Kiliwani North 1 well is set for production from mid-February.

Aminex’s (LON:AEX) plans to sell a chunk of its interests in Tanzania to UK-listed peer Bowleven (LON:BLVN) have been abandoned.

In November, the UK junior agreed the sale to Bowleven a 25% stake in the Kiliwani North development and 50% of the Ruvuma Basin PSA.  

Today’s statement said that during the due diligence process with Bowleven, a forward work programme could not be agreed which would be acceptable to Aminex, its lender, the Tanzanian authorities and Solo Oil, which had also agreed to farm-out a 12.5% stake in Ruvuma to Aminex.

Holdings in Kiliwani and Ruvuma will now revert back to how they were prior to the Bowleven deal.

That sees Aminex holding 55.76% and staying the operator at Kiliwani. Solo Oil has a 6.175% interest and an option to acquire a further 6.175%.

Aminex also owns 75% of Ruvuma, with Solo having the remaining 25%.

A gas sales agreement was agreed at Kiliwani last month and Aminex said it has been advised by the Tanzanian Petroleum Development Corporation to prepare the Kiliwani North 1 well for production from mid-February.

Jay Bhattacherjee, Aminex’s chief executive, said:  "The recent completion of the gas sales arrangements for the Kiliwani North field opens a new chapter for Aminex in Tanzania.

“With the commencement of first production from the Kiliwani North 1 well, we expect to book our first reserves in-country.

Aminex is currently assessing alternative ways to monetise its gas in the Ruvuma PSA acreage, where we already have a commercial gas discovery at Ntorya-1, through an early production system."

 

 

 

 

 

View full AEX profile View Profile

Aminex plc Timeline

Related Articles

picture of oil rig
September 26 2017
The two wells drilled recently at Coora 1 chipped in an average 202 barrels
Greka drill unit
August 16 2017
The AIM-quoted China-focussed well driller has been boosted by new deals with PetroChina.
picture of woodchip
September 21 2017
Advanced Biomass Solutions (ABS), AEG’s biomass affiliate, will construct and run the plants

No investment advice

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable or advisable for any specific person. You further understand that none of the information providers or their affiliates will advise you personally concerning the nature, potential, advisability, value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy, or other matter.

You understand that the Site may contain opinions from time to time with regard to securities mentioned in other products, including company related products, and that those opinions may be different from those obtained by using another product related to the Company. You understand and agree that contributors may write about securities in which they or their firms have a position, and that they may trade such securities for their own account. In cases where the position is held at the time of publication and such position is known to the Company, appropriate disclosure is made. However, you understand and agree that at the time of any transaction that you make, one or more contributors may have a position in the securities written about. You understand that price and other data is supplied by sources believed to be reliable, that the calculations herein are made using such data, and that neither such data nor such calculations are guaranteed by these sources, the Company, the information providers or any other person or entity, and may not be complete or accurate.

From time to time, reference may be made in our marketing materials to prior articles and opinions we have published. These references may be selective, may reference only a portion of an article or recommendation, and are likely not to be current. As markets change continuously, previously published information and data may not be current and should not be relied upon.

© Proactive Investors 2017

Proactive Investor UK Limited, trading as “Proactiveinvestors United Kingdom”, is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England with Company Registration number 05639690. Group VAT registration number 872070825 FCA Registration number 559082. You can contact us here.

Market Indices, Commodities and Regulatory News Headlines copyright © Morningstar. Data delayed 15 minutes unless otherwise indicated. Terms of use