Big picture - Why invest in StatPro Group PLC
StatPro Group PLC Snapshot
STATPRO IN DETAIL
Although StatPro has been in the business of portfolio analytics since 1994, it still feels like a young company with plenty of energy and a commitment to innovation. We’re proud to say we have over 450 clients across 37 countries and around 250 staff globally. If we have succeeded it is because we focus on our clients’ needs and try to think a little further ahead to anticipate market and technology trends. As a team, StatPro is comprised of people with a wide range of expertise and we work together to complement each others skills.
We’re leading the revolt against expensive and complicated portfolio analytics. The global investment community needs a better way to produce and share information. The technology is here thanks to the Internet and the advent of cloud computing, but it is the expertise and knowledge of StatPro that can harness that technology to create a game changing service: StatPro Revolution.
WE INNOVATE. IT’S WHAT WE DO.
- StatPro Composites (as part of StatPro Seven) was the first purpose built system for GIPS compliance and remains the most successful system in the market
- StatPro Fixed Income broke new ground with its forensic analysis of bond portfolios
- StatPro Risk Management was also the first system to produce a measure for Liquidity Risk, which is now a requirement for UCITS IV and other regulations
- Award winning StatPro Revolution is a cloud-based portfolio analysis platform designed for companies of any shape or size and is unique as a service.
This rebellious spirit always keeps us focused on giving our clients and future clients what they need.
StatPro Revolution is a cloud-based portfolio analytics service available to ACDs, custodians, fund administrators, asset managers, heads of sales and marketing, heads of risk and heads of performance enabling them to:
• increase sales by showing their investment strategy simply and beautifully
• reduce their costs by having all the information in one place
• transform their communication with clients by allowing them to see the reports they’re working on easily
• and generally make their life easier by using cloud computing simply.
Managing money is all about performance. Whether clients want steady, low risk growth or massively leveraged, high risk growth, asset managers have to explain how they are performing. Doing this has always been extremely complicated and expensive. Now it is possible - welcome to the revolution.
StatPro Revolution is a cloud-based portfolio analytics service that combines sophisticated
• risk measurement
• performance analysis
• attribution analysis
Delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS) StatPro Revolution gives customers the support they need at a price they can afford.
HELPING YOU MAINTAIN GLOBAL INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE STANDARDS COMPLIANCE (GIPS®)
Maintain compliance with Global Investment Performance Standards with StatPro’s multi-lingual and multi-currency tool for GIPS composites and account reporting solution
- Access information relevant for GIPS and any further reporting or analysis needs, through the simple interface.
- Enhance productivity and speed up the verification process with the ability to automatically associate portfolios to composites.
Fixed Income Attribution
YIELD CURVE BASED FIXED INCOME ATTRIBUTION WITH UNRIVALLED ANALYTICAL FLEXIBILITY
StatPro’s fixed income attribution product is a yield curve based analytics solution decomposing
- Fixed income returns
- Fixed income attribution effects
- Fixed income bond risks
Our attribution module has been developed in co-operation with bond experts and asset managers internationally and therefore offers superior models to better reflect and exactly explain the performance of any bond investment process. A highly flexible interface allows for easy identification of risk factors that determine bond level performance. The system also enables clients to assess the skills of management to provide added value relative to a benchmark.
StatPro Fixed Income seamlessly integrates with our analytics reporting module allowing you to create comprehensive Microsoft Excel and Word based analyses.
It’s hosted too minimizing resources and costs. Accessed from anywhere via a secure web interface and backed up by our stringent SLA and global support teams from the US to Sydney via Europe, ensuring you are never without help when you need it.
COMPANY-WIDE PORTFOLIO RISK ASSESSMENT TOOL
A certain level of risk is essential to any investment strategy. Equally essential is managing this risk. With StatPro’s Risk Management solutions, an investment manager will have a transparent view of risk for portfolio construction, regulatory requirements, and investor relations.
We not only provide standard measures of risk and volatility, but we have also pioneered many enhancements that will help managers isolate critical drivers of risk. We employ advanced models yet present the results in a highly transparent and intuitive interface that can easily be digested by both sophisticated practitioners and concerned investors.
- Multiple ex-ante risk measures including Value-at-Risk and CVaR (expected shortfall) at a variety of confidence levels, potential gain, volatility, tracking error and diversification grade. These measures are available in both absolute and relative basis.
- Full re-pricing methodology using advanced models based on Quantlib, the leading open-source project for quantitative finance that StatPro founded. StatPro has one of the industry’s widest asset coverage (with over 300 pricing functions), which makes it the perfect solution for many different types of asset managers.
- Sensitivity analysis to key risk factors including interest rates, credit spreads, commodities, volatility, currencies, and inflation. Additionally, stress tests can be applied to portfolios using historical or engineered conditions.
- An integrated credit model that dynamically provides a highly predictive gauge of risk for credit sensitive securities.
- A standardized methodology to capture market liquidity risk. Unlike other measures of liquidity risk that use incomplete information and generalized assumptions, our methodology illustrates potential monetary loss of liquidation based on a more complete view of liquidity– all broken down by components of liquidity risk, namely bid/ask spreads, market cap, nominal size, instrument type, and size of ownership.
- A stable and reliable assessment of tail risk called Hybrid VaR that counters the pro-cyclicality of other measures in the market. Along with conditional VaR, Hybrid VaR provides a clear indication of tail risk that traditional measures don’t capture.
- Complete UCITS IV risk reporting service, when used together with other StatPro’s products, to ensure compliance with UCITS IV risk regulations in Europe.
- Enhanced transparency through robust risk decomposition functionality.
For more information please click here
WHAT IS STATPRO REVOLUTION?
StatPro Revolution is a sophisticated and complete portfolio analytics service. Our unique value proposition is that with full control, you can easily provide access to portfolio analysis to as many users as you want for no extra cost.
This multi asset-class, award winning analytics platform helps our clients;
- Increase sales and assets under management
- Improve client service
- Meet tough regulations
- Reduce costs
StatPro Revolution is a powerful and connected portfolio analytics platform covering performance, attribution, contribution, risk and compliance and including market data covering over 3.2m global securities.
For more information please click here
Board of Directors
Carl Bacon CIPM 1 2 3 - Non-executive Chairman
Carl, 49, was appointed Chairman in 2000. Previously he worked as Director of Risk Control and Performance at F&C Investment Management Limited and prior to that was Vice President – Head of Performance at J P Morgan Investment Management Inc. He is a founder member of both the Investment Performance Council and GIPS®, chair of the GIPS Executive Committee, chair of the Verification Sub-Committee, a member of the UK Investment Performance Committee and a member of the Advisory Board of the Journal of Performance Measurement. Carl is a director of the Freedom Index Company and is also the author of “Practical Portfolio Performance Measurement & Attribution”.
Justin Wheatley - Group Chief Executive
Justin, 47, began his career with Micropal in 1988. In 1991 he set up an agency to sell Micropal products in Switzerland and from there grew the business by expanding it in France and Luxembourg. In 1994, he founded StatPro to develop portfolio analysis software systems. In 1999 he sold the Micropal agency to raise £1.7 million to fund StatPro’s growth and in May 2000 he floated StatPro by raising £5.0 million to build up StatPro’s international expansion. Since flotation Justin has led several secondary fund raisings, acquired 10 businesses and disposed of two business units. That combined with organic growth have seen StatPro's revenues grow from under £3.0 million to over £30.0 million since 2000.He has day to day responsibility for the Group.
Andrew Fabian FCA FCT - Group Finance Director
Andrew, 50, was appointed Finance Director in 2000. Prior to joining StatPro, he was Group Financial Controller at William Baird PLC. Andrew has significant experience in the financial services sector, both through senior finance roles at William Baird PLC and De La Rue plc, and also through advising financial institutions as a management consultant at Deloitte & Touche. Andrew is a chartered accountant and qualified corporate treasurer. He is a Fellow of both the ICAEW and the Association of Corporate Treasurers and served for three years on the ACT's governing council. Andrew is responsible for the finance and operations functions at StatPro. Andrew was appointed Company Secretary on 25 January 2012.
Mark Adorian 1 2 3 - Non-Executive Director
Mark, 49, was appointed to the Board in 2002. He was previously Managing Director of Standard & Poor’s Fund Services. Mark co-founded Micropal, the global fund performance analysis company in 1986, becoming their Sales & Marketing Director in 1987. In 1992 he became Managing Director of Micropal, and subsequently in 1997 negotiated the sale of Micropal to Standard & Poor’s, a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies. Between 1999 and 2001, Mark was Managing Director of Standard & Poor’s Fund Services, a business created through the merger of Micropal together with two existing Standard & Poor's businesses and another acquisition. His specific responsibilities included the global development of the enlarged entity. Mark chairs the Group’s Nominations and Remuneration Committees.
Stuart Clark 1 2 - Non-Executive Director
Stuart, 64, was appointed to the Board in 2009. He has been employed in the financial information industry since 1968. From 1995 to 2009 Stuart held various senior positions at Interactive Data Corporation ("IDC") and served as a member of the board of directors from 2000 to 2009. As President and CEO from 2000, Stuart led the business through nine years of continuous and strong growth, with revenues more than doubling to US$750 million and with profitability and cash flow growing more than threefold. IDC consistently outperformed the market in growth over that period and, at around 30%, had close to the highest EBITA margin amongst major comparable players in its industry. Stuart is also non-executive chairman of Ipreo Holdings LLC, a New York based, leading provider of deal execution platforms, market intelligence and investor communication tools.
Jane Tozer MBE OBE(13) - Non-Executive Director
Jane, 64, began her career with IBM, after which she was CEO of Softwright Systems Ltd., taking it from start-up to trade sale. Jane has since held a portfolio of non-executive directorships including quoted technology companies, investment trusts, the John Lewis Partnership, the DWP and the MoJ, and technology start-ups. She has also acted as advisor to various public sector bodies and investment banks. Jane is currently a non-executive director of F&C Global Smaller Companies plc, JP Morgan Income & Growth plc, Elexon Ltd, Asthma UK, the Information Technologists' Company Charitable Trust and her local Citizen's Advice Bureau. She also runs ITNEA, a networking association for Chairmen and Non-Executive Directors of quoted technology companies, and is a member of the Warwick Business School Advisory Board. Jane was awarded an MBE for services to the IT sector in 1991, and an OBE for services to the public service and voluntary sector in 2009.
1 Member of the Audit Committee
2 Member of the Remuneration Committee
3 Member of the Nominations Committee
StatPro Group plc
Tel: +44 (0)20 8410 9876
Fax: +44 (0)20 8410 9877
Email: [email protected]
Ernst & Young LLP
1 More London Place,
34 Beckenham Road
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
Nomad and Broker
Panmure Gordon (UK)
One New Change
Financial PR Consultants
6.7.8 Tokenhouse Yard
33 King William Street