Big picture - Why invest in MySQUAR Limited
MySQUAR Limited Snapshot
Who are we?
MySQUAR commenced operations in June 2013, having identified a strategic opportunity to launch social media applications in the rapidly emerging Myanmar market. The Company’s initial vision was to create an open forum social app, where users could see all users’ posts as well as categorise posts into popular areas such as sports, music and entertainment. This was achieved through the launch of MyCHAT.
As the first social media provider focussed solely on Myanmar, incorporating Burmese customs, characters and language, MySQUAR has secured a unique first mover advantage and a platform from which to leverage its position. The Directors believe that the use of local language gives a sense of belonging and community to the users, and enables a fast spread across the mobile device users for the purpose of user acquisition. Accordingly tailored products and services are being developed and launched that will capitalise on the rapid adoption of mobile services by the people of Myanmar as the telecommunications networks are rolled out across the country.
To execute its roll out, the Company has developed a tailored marketing strategy to boost its corporate and consumer profile and intends to continue to develop its Myanmar-driven suite of products in order to build MySQUAR’s reputation and engagement with the user, whilst also increasing barriers to entry for competitors.
By leveraging its first mover advantage, the Company has a unique position from which to build a dynamic, innovative and interactive social media platform. MySQUAR is committed to innovating the social media, entertainment and gaming space and in line with this is focussed on securing new users, building user loyalty, and ultimately realising value for its shareholders by becoming the social network of choice in Myanmar.
The Company’s vision is centred on creating a lifestyle platform; product development focuses on building programmes and apps which use localised content to cater to all aspects of life, with the intention that the use of MySQUAR’s platform becomes an integrated part of life.
With an established platform, MySQUAR is ideally positioned to increase its market share of the country’s total connected population and become the social network of choice in Myanmar. Importantly, there is further upside opportunity available as its social networking and gaming offer is set to expand to include a standard portfolio of news, information, financial and payment services.
The Company has identified a number of opportunities through which it can monetise its user database including:
- Partnership and Co-branding
- Digital Goods – including in-app purchases and paid for premium features
- Data Mining
- Transaction-based Monetisation, Affiliate Sales and eCommerce facilitating retail purchases
MySQUAR is adopting world-class technologies in every technical component of its platforms. It is believed that such technologies will enhance the safety, efficiency and scalability for the platforms’ operation. The Company’s platforms are hosted by globally renowned cloud application management systems which enables fast processing speeds and economic pricing plans based on data volume.
MyCHAT is a free to use, mobile messaging application. The app allows users to interact with each other and find new friends over the internet using their mobile handset. The application is tailored for Myanmar mobile users with localised language, authentic look and feel, as well as emoticons and stickers relating to Myanmar cultural norms.
- Easy sign-in: Users can sign in with an email or Facebook account.
- Localised for Myanmar: MyCHAT has been tailored to suit devices used in Myanmar. Users can choose between Burmese or English.
- Stylised user interface: Optimised based on user feedback to ensure that it is easy to navigate. The style and colours selected have been based on colours that have deep links with Myanmar’s culture.
- In-app update: Users will be notified as soon as an update of MyCHAT is ready so they’ll always have the latest version and most up-to-date features. The user can then update MyCHAT directly from the app.
- Personalised Profiles: Users can add a variety of details about themselves on their profile to better represent who they are. They can upload an avatar and 4 additional profile photos.
- Online/Offline Status: Users can instantly see who is online in their friends list and on “Look Around”. Online status is marked with an online indicator and a time-stamp to show the last time the user was online.
- Automatic connectivity: When a new user connects via Facebook their friends already using MyCHAT will automatically be added to their friend list. Whenever an existing Facebook friend joins MyCHAT they will be added to the list as well.
- Find new friends: The MyCHAT “Look Around” feature allows users to find and connect with new friends in their area (using the GPS location of the user through their mobile handset). MyCHAT will highlight up to 200 potential new friends, ranked by proximity, allowing them to meet people who are close to them. Users can filter through profiles and find new friends.
- Invite and Share: Users can invite their contacts from other apps installed on their phone to join them on MyCHAT.
- One-on-One and Group chat: Users can start a direct chat with a friend or initiate large group chats with many different users. Through large group chats users have the chance to meet new friends. Chat speeds have been fully optimised for Myanmar to be as lightweight on data as possible for real-time speeds and to limit potential data costs for users.
- Myanmar emoticons and stickers: Users can express themselves in chat with a massive selection of emoticons and stickers inspired by Myanmar characters and created by Myanmar artists. These iconic Myanmar characters bring colour and life to conversations, with new stickers and emoticons being added regularly.
- Photo sharing: Users can take a photo or choose a picture from their gallery to share with their friends in chat. Photo processing and sending speeds have been optimised for Myanmar with the fastest sending time possible with low connectivity.
Piers Julian Dominic Pottinger - Chairman
Piers J. D. Pottinger co-founded Bell Pottinger Communications with Lord Bell and has been a public relations consultant for more than 35 years. He has advised clients from major corporations, governments and individuals, on an international basis. Pottinger has provided counsel on many UK mergers and acquisitions, government privatisations, IPOs and has advised boards on corporate governance best practices. Pottinger currently serves as the Chairman of Bell Pottinger Asia at Bell Pottinger Corporate & Financial Limited. Pottinger has been Chairman of Asian Operations of Bell Pottinger Public Affairs Ltd since 17 June 2013 and has held numerous executive and non-executive board positions for public companie
Eric Alfred Schaer - Chief Executive Officer
Eric Schaer serves as the chairman and CEO of Rising Dragon Singapore. Rising Dragon Singapore is a private investment firm with holdings in technology, e-payments, real estate, and mining. It focuses exclusively on investments in Asia. Previously, he has consulted for various companies and investment groups specialising in structuring various debt and equity investments. These have included arranging financing for various corporate and private acquisitions and re-financings. Schaer has consulted on several successful acquisitions, including turnarounds of distressed businesses. This has included financing and acquisitions of software services and development firms, and both domestic and “near-shore” technology outsourcing businesses.
Pham Dang Hung - Chief Operating Officer and Finance Director
Dang Hung Pham has over 15 years of working experience in the private equity investment, financial advisory and corporate operations. He has been a Director in charge of Private Equity Investments at Rising Dragon Holdings (Singapore), an investment company in Southeast Asia. Before that, Hung Pham was with Saigon Asset Management, a Vietnam-based investment fund management company with $150 million AUM, as Director being responsible for the Investment Banking Division. Prior to joining Saigon Asset Management, Hung Pham was a Founding Director of ASEAN Merchant Partners, a boutique Financial Advisory Firm where he headed the Advisory Division. During the period with ASEAN Merchant Partners, Hung Pham provided Corporate Finance and M&A advisory services to a number of Vietnamese leading companies and projects in Consumer & Retail, Distribution, Hospitality Property, Manufacturing and Agriculture; successfully raising approximately $60 million for his clients through various financial products such as Corporate Bond, Convertible Bond, Bank Debt and Equity. Before that, Hung Pham worked as Senior Investment Manager for Indochina Capital Corporation, one of the largest fund management companies in Vietnam managing over $1 billion of funds investing in equity, real estate and infrastructure. Hung Pham holds an MBA in Finance from the Mihaylo School of Business and Economics, California State University, Fullerton.
Ross David Marsh - Non-executive Director
Ross Marsh is a Chartered Accountant having graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Commerce. Ross has worked in chartered accounting, commercial banking, and corporate finance, and as Managing Director of an international export consulting firm. Ross has significant experience with Initial Public Offering (IPO) and Reverse Takeover management particularly in London. This extends to public capital raisings and advisory services to London based companies. Ross has acted as both an Executive and Non-executive Director for listed public companies and is currently Managing Director of a company specialising in managing AIM market listings.
Identity and percentage holdings of significant shareholders
The Company has 187,784,668 Ordinary shares of no par value in issue. In general, there are no restrictions on the transfer or sale of the Company’s shares.
Percentage of AIM securities not in public hands
Approximately 60.19% of the Company’s shares are not in public hands.
Identity and percentage Holdings of Significant Shareholders
Shareholder % Held
Rising Dragon Singapore Pte Ltd*
Rising Dragon Holdings Pte Ltd*
ETech Investment Holding Group Inc.
Pham Dang Hung
Zip Capital Management Ltd*
Mr Shinji Kumazawa, a Japanese national, is the ultimate beneficial owner of these holdings.
This page was last updated February 18th 2016.
Email: [email protected]
Office: Level 39 Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 2,
10 Marina Boulevard,
Singapore numbers: T +65 6818 6089
F +65 6818 6111
UK numbers: +44 7974 236 007
inated Adviser and Joint Broker
SP Angel Corporate Finance LLP
Prince Frederick House
35-39 Maddox Street
Beaufort Securities Limited
131 Finsbury Pavement
Mirabaud Securities LLP
33 Grosvenor Place
Legal Advisers to the Company (as to English law)
Kerman & Co LLP
Legal Advisers to the Company (as to BVI Law)
6 Gracechurch Street
Legal Advisers to the Company (as to Singapore law)
Morgan Lewis Stamford LLC
10 Collyer Quay
27-00 Ocean Financial Centre
Legal Advisers to the Company (as to Vietnam law)
DFDL Vietnam Limited Liability Law Company
194 Tran Quang Khai Street
Hoan Kiem District
Auditors to the Company and Reporting Accountants
PKF Littlejohn LLP
1 Westferry Circus
Computershare Investor Services (BVI) Ltd
PO Box 3162
Computershare Investor Services Plc
Public Relations Adviser to the Company
69 Westwick Gardens