Another day, another contract win for cloudBuy. After yesterday's deal in the Middle East, today's deal is an equally impressive collaboration with a major US Cloud-based provider of procurement services.
Big picture - Why invest in Cloudbuy
cloudBuy Solution Overview
cloudBuy provides cloud solutions for buyers and sellers – and brings them together to trade securely and ethically via an increasing number of public e-marketplaces and private purchasing portals powered by cloudBuy technology.
cloudBuy solutions for buyers help B2B purchasers understand and control their spend, to reduce costs and increase value. Our cloudSell solutions enable sellers of all sizes, from start-ups to corporates, reach new customers and grow their business. cloudBuy’s technology platform powers web sites, public marketplaces and private purchasing portals that enable all types of online interactions and relationships including, citizen and business to government; consumer to business; and business to business.
cloudBuy provides cloud solutions for buyers and sellers – and brings them together to trade securely via a growing range of public online marketplaces and private purchasing portals.
cloudBuy for buyers – enables organisations to understand and get control of their spend
cloudBuy solutions for buyers provide:
- Controlled purchasing in a secure online environment.
- Contract Management that ensures procurement contracts are monitored and managed by an organisation in real time, safeguarding against off-contract, rogue spending.
- Sophisticated Spend Insight that enriches existing procurement and accounts payable data, providing the knowledge to tackle overspend, drive improvement initiatives and optimise procurement.
- Price Benchmarking - cloudBuy adds value by comparing an organisation’s data with anonymized intelligence from a global community, against which product pricing and volumes can be benchmarked. With over $750 billion analysed to date, cloudBuy has a track record of identifying significant savings.
- Green Insight identifies the carbon footprint associated to the products and services an organisation purchases to highlight the environmental impact of every buying decision. It informs ethical, sustainable procurement.
- cloudBuy integrates with, and enriches, existing business applications such as industry-leading ERP systems.
cloudSell for sellers – enhances e-commerce offerings and helps grow business
The cloudSell solution helps sellers of all sizes, from start-ups to corporates, enhance their online presence and grow business through secure, sophisticated global e-commerce.
cloudSell enables a seamless e-commerce process from the website to payment, all from a single solution supported by global partners which include VISA Asia Pacific and WorldPay.
The cloudSell solution provides:
- A scalable Content Management System supporting multi devices and the ability to synchronise content with marketplaces and purchasing portals.
- PCI DSS Level 1 compliance to ensure a secure online payment process.
- Integration with existing business applications providing real time pricing and stock availability.
- Multiple price points to support promotions and different customer relationships.
- e-invoicing and receipting to make payment and delivery processes seamless and complete.
- Multiple languages, currencies and taxes to support global trading
- Comprehensive reporting to show web site traffic and performance… together with the sales generated.
- Option to join cloudBuy marketplaces around the world to increase business opportunities and improve search engine rankings.
cloudBuy brings together buyers and sellers to increase secure global trade
cloudBuy adds value to both buyers and sellers by bringing them together via a growing range of e-commerce public marketplaces and private purchasing portals:
- From ‘marketplace-in-a-box’ solutions to highly-tailored and sophisticated e-commerce platforms, cloudBuy’s solution is powering an increasing number of national and sector-specific marketplaces that bring buyers and sellers together.
- Larger organisations might also want their own private Purchasing Portal that brings the consumer purchasing experience to the workplace, but with the control of approved suppliers and contracted or negotiated prices.
Ronald Duncan - Director Chairman and Chief Information Officer
Ronald Duncan co-founded @UK in 1999 (renamed cloudBuy 2013). Prior to @UK he spent ten years running his own computer software consultancy, servicing projects using a range of languages and platforms. Ronald studied Physics at Cambridge and is a Chartered Physicist and Member of the Institution of Analysts and Programmers. He is a former UK downhill ski champion who competed internationally for ten years, including at two Olympics.
Lyn Duncan - Director Chief Executive Officer
Lyn Duncan co-founded @UK in 1999 (renamed cloudBuy 2013), having gained a particular interest in the procurement field and has been actively working in this area since the late 1980's when she worked with Henley Management Consultants on a product which integrated purchasing and marketing processes. Her wider interest in technology developed when working for BT as a manager of emerging technologies such as shared computing and email into BT's corporate client base through a series of flagship business centres. Prior to founding @UK, she worked as a management consultant (both at Oasis and as an independent consultant leading on national initiatives within the NHS) gaining over ten years' experience of leading technology-driven change initiatives in the public and private sector.
Jonathan Holden Chief Operating Officer
Jonathan Holden joined the Company in January 2014 as CEO for EMEA to help drive the expansion of cloudBuy and has responsibility for global partnerships, including Visa. Previously, Jonny was Vice President of Commercial Solutions at Visa Europe, where his role provided him with extensive experience of payments, government and large corporates. Within the role he was Head of Market Development for Commercial Solutions across 34 countries, and previously, Head of Public Sector across 36 countries and led Visa's participation in the UK Government Procurement Card program. Latterly, he had headed up pre-paid for Visa AP (Australia) Pty Ltd in the Australian market and worked with cloudBuy to take the Company into the pre-paid disbursements for Government, Insurance & Corporate Incentives. Prior to joining Visa, he had a long career with Barclaycard heading up various areas including product development, large corporate and public sectors.
David Gibbon Chief Financial Officer
David has 18 years' experience as CFO for technology companies. Prior to joining cloudBuy, he was briefly Chief Financial Officer of Allocate Software plc, a provider of workforce and compliance optimisation solutions, until its take private by Hg Capital. David had previously been CFO of Omnico Groupwhich was formed through the merger of Clarity Commerce Solutions plc, an AIM-quoted POS software company, and Digipos, a POS hardware company. Prior to joining Omnico Group, David was CFO of Kewill plc.
David Holloway Senior Non Executive and Chairman of Appointments Committee
David Holloway has over 20 years experience in IT, including working in successful start-ups. Most recently David was Chief Executive and co-founder of Codian Limited, which was set up in 2003 and sold to Tandberg in 2007 for $270M. David is now Senior Vice President of Network Products at TANDBERG ASA listed as TAA on the Oslo stock market.
David Chellingsworth Non Executive and Chairman of Audit Committee
David is a qualified Chartered Accountant and was formerly the Finance Director of @UK between 1999 and 2001, before its flotation on AIM. He spent the majority of his career at British Gas. Subsequently, he served as Finance Director of Advanced Medical Solutions from 1994 to 1999 where he oversaw its successful flotation on the Official List in 1996. Since leaving @UK, David has acted as either Finance Director or consultant of private companies, including Medtrade Limited and UK Biobank Limited. It is intended that David will chair the Company's audit committee.
Patrick Broughton Non Executive and President Asia Pacific
Patrick, who is based in Australia, joins the Company as President of cloudBuy Asia Pacific. He is a very experienced banker who from 1987 to 1995 worked at JP Morgan, rising to European Head of FX Sales, prior to joining SG Warburg in Sydney in 1997. From 1998 until 2009 he rose to Head of Equity Capital Markets at ABN AMRO Rothschild in Sydney before being appointed as Global Head of Equity Origination for RBS and Chief Executive of Hoare Govett in London, a position which he held until 2012. He is currently Chairman of the Dixon Advisory Investment Committee.
Alice Morwood-Leyland Company Secretary
Alice Morwood-Leyland is a member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. In this capacity under the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990 she is a Commissioner for Oaths. She joined @UK PLC (renamed cloudBuy 2013) in 2002 from a local firm of solicitors and had previously worked for NatWest International Trust Corporation in the Cayman Islands.
As at 6th November 2015 the Company had been notified under the Disclosure and Transparency Rules of the following interests of 3% or more in its issued share capital:
UNITED STATES OFFICE
17 State Street
TEL +1 212 739 0471
UNITED KINGDOM OFFICE
5 Jupiter House
Berkshire RG7 8NN
TEL +44 118 963 7000
2 Park Street
TEL +61 2 9004 7000
Plot C-59, Block G
Bandra Kurla Complex
TEL +91 226 700 0909
HSBC Bank PLC
Steptoe & Johnson
Computershare Investor Services PLC
PO Box 82
Telephone: (0870) 707 1378
Fax: (0870) 703 6101