Big picture - Why invest in AppScatter Group PLC
AppScatter Group PLC Snapshot
- To establish appScatter as a profitable end-to-end service for distributing apps and tracking application performance whilst providing intelligence across multiple stores worldwide
- To provide a mobile strategy solution for companies to increase both their app downloads and revenues
- To address the growing market demand – Growth in the number of devices capable of using apps is set to continue to be dramatic. There are currently 2.1 billion smartphone users and this is expected to rise to 2.6 billion in 2018. The global number of tablet users surpassed 1 billion in 2015. Ignoring the Internet of Things, smart-homes and Wearables, it is estimated by Gartner Inc., that there will be 33 billion devices able to use apps by 2020
- To rapidly grow free users and to convert those free users into paying users in order to build critical mass
- To generate revenue from our diverse client base which includes blue-chip enterprises, development houses, marketing agencies and other such organisations that benefit from appScatter’s full-service offering
- To use our first-mover advantage to become the leading company in this space
- To grow the business by broadening the licensed user base through product development and targeted sales campaigns and partnerships
- To generate value on behalf of shareholders
appScatter is a scalable B2B SaaS platform that allows paying users to distribute their apps to, and manage their apps on, multiple app stores. Additionally, the centralised platform enables app developers and publishers to manage and track performance of their own and competing apps across all of the app stores on the platform.
- Registration, submission and updates across all compatible app stores including Apple and Google Play
- Currently 50 app stores supported
- Monitor sales and downloads, in-app purchasing, ranking and reviews across multiple stores
- Integrate third party add-ons
- Identify pirating, IP and copyright infringement
- Check for brand consistency and compliance
- Monitor app usage and sales statistics for users
- Machine learning to identify emerging trends, competition, rankings, pinpoint growing industries; publishers and popular categories and newcomers
- Natural language processing to provide sentiment analysis
- Real-time telemetry
App Store Landscape
- There are estimated to be in excess of 300 legitimate app stores worldwide
- App stores can be categorized into four main categories: Device platforms, Wireless Carriers, Device Manufacturers, and Independents
- Whilst the Apple App Store and Google Play app stores are currently estimated to account for a combined 85 per cent. of US downloads, the Apple App Store and Google Play account for as little as 62 per cent. of EU downloads in the top five countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy) and only 24 per cent. of downloads in China
- Accessing more than just the most popular app stores can greatly increase market penetration for commercial and other enterprises but requires significant effort on behalf of app developers and publishers to register, monitor and manage each app store used and draw holistic analysis of downloads across multiple stores
Clive is a chartered accountant and worked with Coopers & Lybrand, Kleinwort Benson and Price Waterhouse Corporate Finance before becoming head of Corporate Finance at Seymour Pierce, Williams de Broe and finnCap successively. He is Executive Chairman of Caspian Sunrise PLC and the non-executive Chairman of Ascent Resources plc and Tax Systems PLC, all of which are admitted to trading on AIM.
Chief Executive Officer
Philip is the founder and CEO of the Company. He is an experienced programmer who began his coding career in the mid-1980s. In 1996 he set up his first company, which became RMR Plc. Initially a web development company, RMR specialised in web conferencing. In 2000, RMR was admitted to AIM with a £64 million valuation.
Manish has over 14 years of experience in the role of CFO/Finance Director for several publicly listed companies. During this time, he has been involved in numerous fundraising projects both for equity and debt. His key strengths include developing and implementing robust internal controls, reporting and compliance procedures suitable for growth companies.
Jason is a B2B sales professional with 20 years’ experience driving fast growth digital sector technology companies. He was the sales director of Philip Marcella’s previous AIM quoted company RMR Plc.
Michael is the Chairman and Founder of Polar Light Ventures Ltd., an investment firm based in Switzerland which is focusing on early stage ventures. Previously he was the Managing Director of Dhabi Holdings PJSC, the investment company of senior members of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. Michael Buchen joined Dhabi Holdings from Mubadala Development Company PJSC where he worked in the Special Situations Team. Before Mubadala, he worked for Roland Berger Strategy Consultants in Europe, China and the Middle East. Michael currently serves or previously served on the Board of directors and Advisory Boards of a number of companies in the Venture Capital, Tech, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Energy and Telecom sectors.
|Shareholder||Number of Ordinary Shares||Percentage of Issued Ordinary Share Capital|
|Legal & General Group||2,307,692||3.65%|
1 Fore Street
0208 004 7212
Email : [email protected]
Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker
Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance Limited
Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited
Legal Adviser to the Company (UK)
Legal Adviser to the Company (USA)
Yormack & Associates, P.A.
2525 Ponce de Leon, Suite 300
United States of America
Auditors and Reporting Accountant
Kingston Smith LLP
60 Goswell Road
Computershare Investor Services Plc
Investor Relations and Financial Media Enquiries
Ben Romney / Stephanie Watson